The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Comments

• I'll probably get paid on 21st. I pay OH the same every month... no CT discount for me :(
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • SpagBol wrote: »
    I would probably overpay the mortgage actually if you have your £1k fund, then if you needed some financial relief your payments would be less or you could take a payment holiday if you needed a few months money. But then I am clearly a financial dunce so don't listen to me :rotfl::rotfl:

Now now, you're experienced in financial matters having paid off massive amounts of debt :D
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • lemonpopsicle
    lemonpopsicle Posts: 655
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 10:43AM
    SpagBol wrote: »
    Small CC tidy of £12 to give:

#084 £17,442 / £58,000 30.07%

DH's payday tomorrow :j

Actually...when is everyone getting paid this month? I get paid once on the 20th and again on the 21st (2nd job) but then it's a loooooooooooooooooooooong month...I'm really pleased DH gets paid on the 6th nowadays for this reason. Oh and then no council tax for 2 months which is like an extra payday :j I should go to 12 monthly smaller payments for CT but I love the 2 months off :rotfl::rotfl: That's almost £200 bonus for Jan and Feb!

Are you going to pay it towards your debt or have a splurge? :rotfl:
    I think I'll get paid on the 18th this month as normal pay day is 25th of the month. I'm still on the sick, on bed rest and no driving for weeks :eek: so I've had loads of NSD although DH has made up for them!
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    SpagBol wrote: »

Actually...when is everyone getting paid this month? I get paid once on the 20th and again on the 21st (2nd job) but then it's a loooooooooooooooooooooong month...I'm really pleased DH gets paid on the 6th nowadays for this reason. Oh and then no council tax for 2 months which is like an extra payday !

Now I work with Hubby, we both get paid on the 3rd Friday of the month so it will be on the 21st this month then the 18th Jan so we're not affected by Christmas and it'll be a 4wk month too :)

Because we now get paid on the same day (I used to get paid last working day of the month before) His wage pays all the bills, mortgage etc. and mine covers the weekly things. It works for us but as most of the DDs go out within a week of Hubby being paid, his account always looks empty whilst I look rich (well, richer than him anyway):rotfl:
    Small CC tidy of £12 to give:

#084 £17,442 / £58,000 30.07%

DH's payday tomorrow :j

Actually...when is everyone getting paid this month? I get paid once on the 20th and again on the 21st (2nd job) but then it's a loooooooooooooooooooooong month...I'm really pleased DH gets paid on the 6th nowadays for this reason. Oh and then no council tax for 2 months which is like an extra payday :j I should go to 12 monthly smaller payments for CT but I love the 2 months off :rotfl::rotfl: That's almost £200 bonus for Jan and Feb!

I get paid on the 21st but then not again until Jan 30th :( We have ground rent due this month as well, no idea when we get the bill for that but that's £125 and then need to start paying our maintenance fee monthly from next month as we'd had to pay it all in one go when we moved in, that bill was a shocker :eek:
    HSBC CC - £3000 / £3000
    Halifax CC - £1032.77 / £1032.77
    Mortgage currently at [STRIKE]£82,299.71[/STRIKE] £76,017.62 would love to overpay
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I get paid on the 21st but then not again until Jan 30th :(

Crikey Fallen, that's a long time between paydays :eek:
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    [/COLOR]
    Are you going to pay it towards your debt or have a splurge? :rotfl:
    I think I'll get paid on the 18th this month as normal pay day is 25th of the month. I'm still on the sick, on bed rest and no driving for weeks :eek: so I've had loads of NSD although DH has made up for them!

Have you had your results yet? No driving must be so frustrating! Hope you feel better soon :)

I think I will put it all on the debt but the car tax is due in Jan so that will eat that up for one month :( There's always something!!

I hope everyone gets lots of Christmas money to put on the debt to give a boost before starting next year! :T
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Have you had your results yet? No driving must be so frustrating! Hope you feel better soon :)

I think I will put it all on the debt but the car tax is due in Jan so that will eat that up for one month :( There's always something!!

I hope everyone gets lots of Christmas money to put on the debt to give a boost before starting next year! :T

No, I get my results on the 19th when I go to Cardiff to see the consultant. I love driving but I've been told I can't do it for 6 weeks, I'm counting off the days and it'll be 4 weeks left on Friday :( Oh well at least it'll save some petrol money
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I'll get paid on the 7th and 21st December, Hubby will get paid on the 14th and 28th December.

I'm really watching for the pay days this month as my credit card bill is due payable on the 10th and then we'll be getting another one before the end of December which would be due payable in January, I'm aiming to pay the January one before the end of December so I can start the new year without any spends on the credit card. So no more spends on the credit card after the 18th, (the 19th is the cut off date). Then it's going to be cash all the way, I'm sick of getting credit card bills that make me :eek: and then _pale_

No cash = no purchase, if it comes to it Christmas dinner is going to be chicken and dessert is going to be HM fruit pie as we already have them in the freezer :xmassign:

:D
  • Ooooh just got out of bed to change the telly downstairs,put on my dressing gown and found half a bar of Diary Milk :j:j:j:j:j:j:j don't know how long it's been there but golly it tastes good :D
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business