Travel Insurance Article Discussion

Comments

• mikee31
    mikee31 Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Will give NossenBer's query above regarding Insureme4 a bump as I would also be interested to know the answer given everything going on at present! :(
  • Was disappointed when Nationwide added charges to their debit card when using it abroad but now they have written to me telling me that as a current account holder I am entitled to free European multi trip travel insurance.
    This is good but I have upgraded to worldwide cover for £20 which is very good. Still waiting for the policy documents to finally check the small print but if it is okay this will have saved me a few pounds.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Was disappointed when Nationwide added charges to their debit card when using it abroad but now they have written to me telling me that as a current account holder I am entitled to free European multi trip travel insurance.
    This is good but I have upgraded to worldwide cover for £20 which is very good. Still waiting for the policy documents to finally check the small print but if it is okay this will have saved me a few pounds.

Check it very carefully if you have any pre-existing medical conditions - there are hoops to jump through.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    They wanted £20 to upgrade to worldwide which was fine, but another £110 for PEMC's which wasn't.

You can read the T&C's of the policy HERE
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've used Benefits Alliance for several years. Online for Annual Worldwide cover costs approx £80 for a couple...

http://www.primarytravelinsurance.co.uk/goto/benefits_alliance_2010_website_scheme/

Has anyone else used them and has any feedback? Renewal is coming up soon and don't know if I should shop around..
  • Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Check it very carefully if you have any pre-existing medical conditions - there are hoops to jump through.

They want £40 extra from me because I am taking medication for high blood pressure. Will probably be cheaper than my existing policy with insureandgo.

Fortyfoot
  • sylviesinc
    sylviesinc Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    luci wrote: »
    They wanted £20 to upgrade to worldwide which was fine, but another £110 for PEMC's which wasn't.

You can read the T&C's of the policy HERE

I'll be happy to pay that. I just got a quote for £778 from staysure for my husband's PEMC. They are the same as the last policy we had for our USA visit in 2009 which cost us £113 but he is 71 now so that makes a huge difference!
  • Hi,
    Does anyone know what the difference is between single/multi trip travel insurance and Cruise insurance?
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    Single trip is exactly that. It only cover one trip away.

Multi trip or annual insurance is exactly that. It covered multiple trips over a 12 month period, as many trip as you like.

You need insurance that specifically covers cruises, but some standard policies do such as Direct Travel.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I was using bank a/c and pay about £13 a month which include travel Insurance, but I have decided to terminate it and I will just pay seperate travel insurance instead.

I am looking for worldwide coverarage include USA and Canada, Annual Multi Trip travel travel insurance, with NON Premedical condition and does not need to cover for extreme or winter sport and under 50 years old

I have had alook on moneysupermakrket comparison site
    http://www.moneysupermarket.com/trav...NewSearch=True

There are many of them which is in the region 0f £21-40.00 which one do you recommend over value for money?
    I mean based on your own experience in dealing with claim, customer services, etc

Thank you
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure