IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement Ltd County Court Claim Form

2»

Comments

• It's printed and will be posted shortly.
    I've used Newbies to help with formatting and lots of research from these boards to help with the points so hoping it's sufficient :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    That'll do. I would also email the defence as well as post, because we've heard from a poster who is saying the court lost/didn't receive his defence so they lost by default.

ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

HTH - claim number and the word 'DEFENCE' in the Subject line of course.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

I had seen that too so have saved as PDF to email across and will also call Monday to make sure all received.

Now just to keep fingers crossed and await the next step!
  • this is really useful and relevant to my case :T

hope you don't mind me copying? :)

have you had any further news?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    AnAlBo wrote: »
    this is really useful and relevant to my case :T

hope you don't mind me copying? :)
    Of course, these are fairly easy and generic (so copy away). In a year we have had NONE proceed! Same advice just now to another one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5636907

Easy to defend, Civil Enforcement cases need a generic defence and that should be enough.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AnnieAnne
    AnnieAnne Posts: 9 Forumite
    Just wanted to update on this case. I have just spoken to the County Court and been advised that my case has been Stayed (as expected by most of you..!) But such a massive thank you for your help, I appreciate it so much! Another good result hey!

Just to clarify though, the lady mentioned that CEL can at any point in the future lift this and reinstate the case even a few years down the line unless I pay a fee to strike it out- please could you recommend what you would do from here?

Thank you again xxx
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just wanted to update on this case. I have just spoken to the County Court and been advised that my case has been Stayed
    That's good. Not to put a dampener on this news but we have seen a number of 'stayed' cases inexplicably resurrected either by the PPC/solicitor or as a result of the court catching up with paperwork.

. Hopefully this won't be the cases here.
    please could you recommend what you would do from here?
    Nothing! It doesn't seem fair to have this lurking in rhe background but unfortunately you just have to let the years pass by until this becomes 'statute barred'
  • Alliyaah
    Alliyaah Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi guys. I am in the process of writing a defence but find it hard as i am Polish therefore its hard for me to understand some wording. However i will copy Annie's and try to amend it slightly, it should be ok but i have a question. I have appealed last year to CEL and of course it got rejected. I got the PRE-COURT letter in November 2016 so have to delete the first PRE-COURT protocol point right?

Also is it important to add anywhere that the carpark is advertised on google as free after 6pm on weekdays and on Sundays and I have parked there at 6;47pm for 12 minutes only and got the ticket? I didnt know this at the time though but asked the shop owners who were standing outside at the time and I was also told by them that i can park for free at this time for few minutes, no problem. And this car park doesn't give option for 10 or 20 minutes, only an hour even if you stay 10 minutes. This was in my original appeal. I also mentioned that this was my first time offence and i am a regular user of this car park with no intentions to break any rules. I always pay when i know i should. As i said i didnt even know then that this car park is free after 6pm. Unless they have changed it recently. Shall i mention both of these in the defence or not?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You should start your own thread. (,Only if you have read the newbies FAQ thread first as you are politely asked to do)
  • Alliyaah
    Alliyaah Posts: 11 Forumite
    Apologies, will do that. I have read million things regarding CEL over the last 2 days trying to get my head round it and missed that obviously. Apologies again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure