Flush by 30?

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Nice to see you back. Glad all is well.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sounds like you've been very busy JWP. Love the useful Dutch phrase :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Wow, Premier Inn are v cool, what a result! Sorry, I know that was weeks ago for you but I have only just seen your diary :)

Dogs love hats is funny in English but in Dutch it's brilliant:T
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Wow, Premier Inn are v cool, what a result! Sorry, I know that was weeks ago for you but I have only just seen your diary :)

Oh that's ok, I've been terrible about updating it recently haha!

Well, today has been BUSY - I've shovelled the rest of the gravel in the back garden into a big kind of mountain and washed down the concrete underneath so it's nice and neat. A concrete yard may not be pretty, but it's much nicer than the horrible gravel that was here when I moved in: it was like builder's hardcore more than gravel. :eek:

The rabbits have been moved back into their outdoor hutch since this week is likely to be mild, so next weekend I can get on with re-decorating the spare room and then I can take in my young lodger!

What else have I done? Erm... caught up on here, done more washing, prepped lunches for this week, cleaned out the fridge... overall I'm feeling that this weekend has been productive!

Back to busy busy busy work tomorrow morning though so if I vanish from the face of the earth for a while that will be why, but it's payday on Wednesday (:j) so hopefully I'll have chance to be back for an update then to do some financial jiggery pokery!
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• Bobarella
    How'd your Mum getting on now?

• JWPopps
    Bobarella wrote: »
    How'd your Mum getting on now?

Hello Bob :hello:

She's doing ok, still hasn't found out yet whether she's got this promotion (fingers crosssssed) but she is being better about her savings so hopefully May is still the month she will move out.

Her knee's much better now, so I think she's getting a bit of her confidence back :D

• Bobarella
    Well that is good. She sounds like a real fighter.

• JWPopps
    SIGHHHHHHHH

It's payday today, which should be a wonderful thing, but of course life decides to get in the way. I mean, that's a bit dramatic but I'm feeling pretty peed off.

Good News
    - I've managed to get my phone bill down from £40 a month down to £20 a month by going SIM only... I'm a bit annoyed I couldn't get it cheaper but I need unlimited calls on my phone because my of OH being so far away and also I use my mobile for all calls to keep my landline bill down. It seems all the really cheap deals are centred around data plans rather than calls at the moment, and I really didn't care about data.
    - I'm hosting for a few nights, so that about £100 extra earned so far this month (although I won't see it until next month)
    - I've found a good quality laminate flooring for about half the price I originally estimated, so I'm feeling good about that (but this also falls into bad news...)

Bad News
    - By 10am this morning I'd already managed to spend £160 I hadn't budgeted for:
    1. I need an old pair of glasses re-glazing. I have truly appalling eyesight (I've had glasses since I was 8 years old, I can't wear contact lenses because they give me migraines, I'm not allowed to learn to drive because my eyesight/astigmatism changes too much, I get free eye tests because I have 'complex needs' :rotfl: and in general about this time every year I suddenly need new glasses). Even without buying new frames this is costing me £115 :eek: because the cost of having them thinned down alone costs £90 - and with a prescription like mine I really can't do without them being thinned as far as possible.

I can claim £60 towards this back from work, which is fantastic and I'm very grateful but it's still another cost I wish I hadn't had to pay out, and I won't get my money back until next month at the earliest.

2. A good friend had to have a much loved cat put to sleep last night; :( the poor thing had an undiagnosed heart murmur and lungs full of fluid. This cat is essentially half mine for long, convoluted reasons so I had to send said friend £40 towards the vet bill, since she's paid for more or less everything else.

The above bad news means I don't know if I can really justify getting my laminate flooring in my living room this month. :( I am utterly gutted, because my dad was going to fit it for me as a birthday present instead of me having to pay a fitter, and I have had my heart set on this for a year and a half already.

A big part of me knows that actually it would make sense to wait until my mum is moved out anyway, because it was always going to be a pain moving all the furniture out of the living room to have it fitted, and when she's gone I'll only have one sofa to stash instead of two, but I must admit to being a tiny bit petulant about it all...

• Bobarella
    Oh I don't blame you being fed up. Really sorry about the cat too.

• JWPopps
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Oh I don't blame you being fed up. Really sorry about the cat too.

Thank you... I'm feeling a bit better today to be honest - I might just put the flooring on my credit card because quite a few family members have said they'd like to chip in for my birthday which is really generous, and the card is 0%... with the generosity of family it would only work out about £200/£250 on the card and I can use my expenses back from work to pay £140 off.

So in essence it would only be putting my DFD back by a month.

Not ideal, but I am feeling better...

The annoying thing is that my dad can only do that specific date for the fitting because of his work schedule so if I want it any time soon I'm just going to have to suck it up!!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills