Kaupthing Edge Chaps/Bacs Transfers NEW discussion

Comments

• Hi all,
    Just checked Barclays account no money yet !! CHAPS went through on 9th.
    NOT HAD ANY E.MAIL FROM ING OR ANYONE.
    Great news for all who have had their money today:beer:
  • Smitty
    Smitty Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ING - The juries still out for me

None of us are exactly sure what mess they have taken over and sorted out (to a degree).

We're not sure how appetising the take over deal was for them.

We're pretty confident we have been fed some duff information, from how their story has changed in their updates.

We are not sure how much the KE administrators have hampered them.

If we get our money back on Friday I will still consider using them again.

So get it right this time pleased ING !!!
  • AB31
    AB31 Posts: 73 Forumite
    This has nothing to do with KE / ING, ING has no access to the accounts of KE as yet, the money 'lost' is being handled by the administrators who are presumably responsible to no-one at all !

Just spoken to the manager at KE call centre, he says he has asked (and had no reply), "if money is released on thurs and START to be transferred Friday when will they all be transferred". He also stated no payments would be made between now and friday if they are stuck as mine is they will be paid at the earliest on Friday.

He also says the administrators will NOT access any individual account data with lost payments, so nobody can give any assurance as to when mine or all payments will be made.

Getting more than a little upset now

Yes indeed, those of us who have spoken to the KE centre know all this only too well. And all the nonsense about starting the process on Friday has all been duly noted before, as well as all reference to Administrator's role, etc. It's an utter disgrace.
  • Dear Mr man from ING

Why have some accounts with transfers still outstanding had the £20 CHAPS payment paid back into them and some accounts haven't?

I've not had it paid back into mine - does this mean I'm further down the queue or that you don't know of the existence of my supposed transfer or does it have no significance at all?

Please post on here as soon as possible - it's making me nervous. Even if you don't know the answer and need to go and find out -please post that you have read this query - Thankyou

Are you about - the man from ING - are you reading this thread today? Please post something to let us know that you are still about.
    KE veteran - life seemed so much simpler then!
  • Tangocharlie, I was informed by Alister Hemming (customer service manager @ ing) that money would be going out up to and including Friday.
    The assurance by ING was for Friday, dont say the goalposts have been moved yet again. As usual completely conflicting utterences coming from the burkes with our money.
    Nothing can be done until we see what happens Friday, heres hoping you can all hang out till then.
  • henden
    henden Posts: 60 Forumite
    ginvzt wrote: »
    I can't see any "View secure messages" button either!!!!!

and bigg and others who 'can't see' --- Once you have logged into your KE account a list of options show on left - 'View Secure Messages' is one of those options or 'buttons' to those who cannot see.

Thanks to those of you who have confirmed that it is indeed the KE message system that is screwed up on their website.
    STILL WAITING for refund of 1x £20 fee plus missing interest on our 2 accounts.
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Are we allowed to post pictures here? If so, how? If not I can send you a link the the what car website, but I can't imagine you'd be THAT interested.

I'm feeling a 1000% better than I was this time yesterday, so I'm hoping everyone will have equally good news soon.

I saw a few people were suggesting sending our refunded CHAPS fee +/or interest to a charity. Well, after the pact I made with the fickle gods of fate, and in return for them magicing my money into my account, I will be donating to Cancer Research UK. I only have this money because my Mum lost her fight against cancer last year, so I think I'll be doing the right thing, and I'm not waiting until the day any hypothetical interest or CHAPs fee turns up either. That could be a long time in coming.

You can upload pictures to the flickr website. It only takes a couple of mins to register and then you can link to your pictures or share them with family and friends around the world. No charge either.

http://www.flickr.com/
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Most of you are missing my lovely avatar and not providing your own.

You add an avatar by

Clicking: user CP
    And follow the instructions.

And/ or enable avatars by

Clicking: Edit options
    And click the tickbox next to: Show Avatars

I only just found out how to display avatars. :j
  • McCleod
    McCleod Posts: 65 Forumite
    AB31 wrote: »
    Yes indeed, those of us who have spoken to the KE centre know all this only too well. And all the nonsense about starting the process on Friday has all been duly noted before, as well as all reference to Administrator's role, etc. It's an utter disgrace.

People at KE Call Centre are utterly clueless regrding this situation - don't waste your time, nice and polite but can help in no useful way at all. I spoke to one Senior TL there who admitted it was "embaressing"

Hoestly I could sit my mother in front of her PC in Norfolk and read from their website and I would know as much information as they can tell me.

Useless.
  • bigg wrote: »
    Most of you are missing my lovely avatar and not providing your own.

You add an avatar by

Clicking: user CP
    And follow the instructions.

And/ or enable avatars by

Clicking: Edit options
    And click the tickbox next to: Show Avatars

I only just found out how to display avatars. :j

Hey, fantastic!

Love yours! Maybe I can make mine a pic of the new car, when I get round to taking one.
    CHAPS 8/10 received Halifax 20/10
    BACS 18/11 (£30) (actioned 19/11) received CHAPS Halifax 21/11
    BACS 24/11 (£50) (actioned 25/11) received Halifax 28/11

Stercus accidit:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business