Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Comments

• Genmod55
    Genmod55 Posts: 592 Forumite
    paulshorse wrote: »
    From Swagbucks Facebook page:-

Swagbucks UK we have been informed that users who cannot access sponsorpay have been banned by the offer wall for not adhering to the rules. we are seeking further clarification but this is what has happened..

Well I really can't think what I could have done to get banned! :(Anyway, mine is back up and running again as of this afternoon - what about everyone else?
  • Genmod55
    Genmod55 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Just had a very quick DS on energy suppliers (only took 8 minutes) so that's me up to target for today.
  • dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    paulshorse wrote: »
    From Swagbucks Facebook page:-

Swagbucks UK we have been informed that users who cannot access sponsorpay have been banned by the offer wall for not adhering to the rules. we are seeking further clarification but this is what has happened..

Thanks Paul.
    A load of rubbish though! How can you break the rules?
    I wouldn't know how!:mad:
  • chels
    chels Posts: 1,287
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Code: CongratsDads (Blog)

5 SBs Expires 7.00 PM
  • dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    What the heck? I can't find my post on FB about the problems I had with tasks - I think they've deleted it!!!!
  • ThriftyFelicity
    ThriftyFelicity Posts: 771
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 20 June 2013 at 6:32PM
    I think I know what might be happening with the tasks showing a high amount on the task listing page, but only paying the usual amount.

I've looked at the Swagbucks task page, and also at the one on Neobux, where I do my tasks.

They both show the same amounts for all the tasks.

eg.
    Search for terms and record the search results - different job; more work available. For workers in the UK!

Shows as paying 30SB on Swagbucks, and 30 cents on Neobux.

Yet the task actually pays 12SB on Swagbucks, and 29 cents on Neobux (26 cents plus 12% bonus).

Perhaps what we are seeing is what Crowdflower pays to the GPT site, and that's why the amount is the same on different sites.

So if I'm right, laid bare for all to see is how much profit each site takes for themselves, and how much they give to their members.

When Swagbucks, Neobux or any of the others are paid 30 cents by Crowdflower to host a task:

* Swagbucks takes 64%, and gives 36% to its "Swaggernauts".

* Neobux takes 3.3%, and gives 96.7% to its "Neobuxites".

... and that is why I do my tasks on Neobux! :D
    R.I.P. Bart. The best cat there ever was. :sad:
  • beegee181
    beegee181 Posts: 549 Forumite
    Blimey Felicity, that makes interesting reading. I must start familiarising myself with Neobux ...
  • beegee181 wrote: »
    Blimey Felicity, that makes interesting reading. I must start familiarising myself with Neobux ...

It is my favourite GPT site, by far.

Take a look at my sig to see how much I've earned in less than 5 months...
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    I think I know what might be happening with the tasks showing a high amount on the task listing page, but only paying the usual amount.

I've looked at the Swagbucks task page, and also at the one on Neobux, where I do my tasks.

They both show the same amounts for all the tasks.

eg.
    Search for terms and record the search results - different job; more work available. For workers in the UK!

Shows as paying 30SB on Swagbucks, and 30 cents on Neobux.

Yet the task actually pays 12SB on Swagbucks, and 29 cents on Neobux (26 cents plus 12% bonus).

Perhaps what we are seeing is what Crowdflower pays to the GPT site, and that's why the amount is the same on different sites.

So if I'm right, laid bare for all to see is how much profit each site takes for themselves, and how much they give to their members.

When Swagbucks, Neobux or any of the others are paid 30 cents by Crowdflower to host a task:

* Swagbucks takes 64%, and gives 36% to its "Swaggernauts".

* Neobux takes 3.3%, and gives 96.7% to its "Neobuxites".

... and that is why I do my tasks on Neobux! :D

I see that the amount of SB is not showing now in the tasks, but I hope it made people realise just how much swagbucks are taking from us. They're not showing on Neo either - hope they're not reducing the amounts
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse wrote: »
    I see that the amount of SB is not showing now in the tasks, but I hope it made people realise just how much swagbucks are taking from us. They're not showing on Neo either - hope they're not reducing the amounts

I just clicked on one of the tasks I'm familiar with on Neobux (Determine if one company owns another) and it's still paying the same amount according to the task page (17 cents).

Of course, I captured the actual amounts the GPT sites are paid with a couple of screenshots :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport