PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Stinky Oven!!!

Can anyone suggest anything to clean my 'self cleaning' oven? I was considering using a washing powder solution in a warmed oven.

Comments

• cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    try this first

put a large bowl of boiling water with a lemon squeezed into it and all the rest of the lemon thrown in

put it in a hot oven and let it boil away there until its almost boiled dry say couple of hours

then right away as soon as its cool enough to touch wipe it down with a solution of bicarb and vinegar mixed in the water

youll see a big difference
  • Thank you Cathy.

I was going to head this post Dear Cathy how do I clean my oven! so I'm glad you answered with the suggestion.

I need to pick through all your posts to get the ingredients for cleaning jobs including the dishwasher, washing machine etc.

Went shopping and could only remember the white vinegar which the Co-op didn't have!!!

Is there somewhere on this site I can go to collect all your tips - have you posted them in one place - They're fantastics tips and I'm a convert - well in spirit anyway!

Have used the washing powder in the dishwasher - fab tip has saved me money already.

Thank you
  • cathy_3
    Combo Breaker First Post
    glad has kindly moved the vast majority to these boards

so keep trawling through and youll find them all

;D
  • shazrazmataz
    shazrazmataz Posts: 1,165 Forumite
    First Post
    I recently bought 'liquid soda crystals', my oven is now SPARKLING, I really recommend it. It can be used for a number of different things & best of all it only cost .99p   ;D
    Shaz xx
    Living & lovin' life 'down under'.
    There Comes A Point In Your Life When You Realise Who Matters, And Who Never Did, And Who Always Will. So Don't Worry About People In The Past There's A Reason Why They Didn't Make It Into Your Future............
  • Tips on cleaning a very soiled combi/microwave please! Its a Belling Triplex and very old but I love it (can't seem to find its equal or I might consider replacing it!)   Instruction say to clean the sides 'with care' - whatever that might mean!
    if i had known then what i know now
  • cathy_3
    Combo Breaker First Post
    spray with white vinegar and put a bowl of water in and let it boil away

the steam and vinegar will loosen all the muck

;D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing