Why can't I edit my ebay listing???

Come on then brainiacs....!! Why can't I edit my listing?? I am selling a laptop, which I have listed as faulty but able to power up - but now it won't power up - I would rather be honest about it, as I have 500+ feedback - but when I go into the "revise your item" bit - I can see the listing, but I can't change it???
Why does nobody say Thank You anymore??:mad:
Debt Free as of September 2011 :j
Sealed Pot 2009 number 334 - £100 Saved! yey!!
Sealed Pot 2010 number 334 - £116.51 Saved! Yey!! YIPPEE!!

Comments

• frivolous_fay
    frivolous_fay Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Got bids on it?
    My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • cazispen
    cazispen Posts: 226 Forumite
    you will have to cancel it and start again sorry but i have tried before and this is what i had to do
    Thank you so much to everyone who posts :j :T :T :j :beer:
  • Dizzie77
    Dizzie77 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    It has bids on it, but it still has more than 24 hours to go - I am sure that I have been able to edit listings before when I've got bids on stuff...??
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Once you have a bid you can no longer edit anything. That is the right way of doing things if you think about it, th epeople that bid did so on the original information, if you change it they might no longer want to buy it at the price they bid. Therefore youc an't change anything and disadvantage a bidder.

Personally I would pull the listing and relist after making corrections, you don't want to run the risk of an angry buyer not getting what they bid on.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Dizzie77
    Thank you - Had intended to message the current bidders to tell them that I had had to change the listing and offer them the chance to reverse their bids - What a pain in the bum....!! Will all those people who are currently watching the item be told that it is being relisted? I've never had to do it before...!!
  • kprigg
    kprigg Posts: 718 Forumite
    Anyone watching will see a note to say it has been re-listed. It may be worthwhile a quick mention in your new listing the reason why you pulled the old one, then I dont think your watchers will be put off.
  • Dizzie77
    Thanks everyone for your help.....This forum is always so much more informative than the help section on ebay!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure