Halifax interest rate change

13»

Comments

• Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,760
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Compound wrote: »
    The incompetence of Halifax is not failing to update their website, but having an application process which doesn't display a live rate as part of the declaration. When making a payment at an online store you're told exactly how much your card will be charged in your case. You don't have to rely on researching the company's website to calculate the cost of your order.

That's true - I did point out to them that after you've clicked Apply on the website, the next time you see the interest rate is after your money has been transferred into the account, by which time it's too late to get it out without losing the interest.
  • Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,760
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I opened mine at about 09.00am on the 11th. I remember looking at the rates and thinking to myself 'wow, that 3 month interest rate is rather good'. My mum will get me in an assertive mood tomorrow once I have told her so I will phone them up. I only put in a small amount but it is the principle...

Exactly - although I was going to just accept my money back until they told me that I was going to lose two days' interest (I didn't put in a small amount but either way the principle is the same - why should we pay for their mistake?).
  • trademark
    trademark Posts: 589 Forumite
    yes correct i can see now why you would get a better rate over 3 months in times such as these.

but with the data this month that spending has increased and therefore no movement in the interest rate i suppose it was expected that now they should lower the 3 month deal and increase the 6 month.

but who knows whats around the corner , i got my 6.78% so im happy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure