Encarta Fine Wines Ltd

Hi, I have been using this company for the last 2 years, i am very pleased with the returns i have been seeing ( Around 20% per year) far better than what my stocks & shares have been doing???

I just wondered if anyone else have used Encarta Fine Wines and how their portfolios are performing?

Thanks

Jonathon M

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 August 2010 at 12:01PM
    some interesting information here

http://investdrinks-blog.blogspot.com/2010/07/encarta-fine-wines-ltd-worst-case.html

seem they were set up July 2009

quote from the above

Encarta Fine Wines Ltd was set up on 9th July 2009

and the web address only registered in October 2009 according to whois when I checked just now
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • ml66uk
    ml66uk Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 September 2010 at 5:08PM
    I've received about five calls from them now, despite having an unlisted number, being on the ICSTIS do-not-call list, and repeatedly telling them I don't want any more calls. They are incredibly persistent, and I just can't see a genuine company behaving that way. If they call you, just hang up, or if you have time on their hands, you may want to waste as much of their time as possible. Why not ask them for their home address and phone number, since they'll probably have yours.

JonathonM looks like a sock-puppet to me.
  • Sock puppet?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi, I have been using this company for the last 2 years, i am very pleased with the returns i have been seeing ( Around 20% per year) far better than what my stocks & shares have been doing???

How have you managed to get 2 years of returns out of a scheme that hasnt been running two years?

Last year the stockmarket grew by over 40%. So, your made up 20% figure looks rather poor compared to that.

They are unregulated and judging by this thread, quite happy to spam using false pretences and tell lies. Generally, that means you should avoid them like the plague.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    why i thought I'd leave it up so it gets picked up on google ;)
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Browntoa wrote: »
    why i thought I'd leave it up so it gets picked up on google ;)

Good idea. As MSE usually appears high up on the google searches, this thread is now an embarrassment to encarta fine wines and shows what they are really like.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Sock puppet?

I think JonathonM is connected to the people who run Encarta Fine Wines, but posing as a regular investor.

I can't post the link, but if you google "sock puppet", the Wikipedia page explains how the term is used.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure