Should Scotland be an independent country?

Comments

• paulc333
    paulc333 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Barontorc wrote: »

Make no mistake about it and don't believe a word of the made-up polls you're getting via the UK establishment they're all lies and con. Scots are truly sick to the teeth with Westminster and there will be at least a 60% to 70 % YES vote.

Truly Delusional,

Asked my friends and people at work and in a club i go to, a decent sample, and guess what the percentages pretty much match the "made-up" polls you talk about.

All I ever hear from the yessers is talk of "scaremongering" but no real answers!

Dont you dear say "Scots ae sick of Westminister" like you represent my views.

Some Scots feel that way true, but don't put us all in the same boat!

And yes I am Scottish and have a vote, it will be a resounding NO
  • Agree with first comment No anti-English bias. Just want to run our own country.
  • paulc333 wrote: »
    oh look, another first time poster signed to the site December 2013.

Came here just for the poll.

once again, online polling isn't worth the paper it's printed on!

How correct you are - except on line polls don't get printed on paper - but September 2014 will count.

Too many people are under the illusion us Scots hate, or at least dislike the English. It's just not true. I actually think that everywhere apart from the SE gets a rougher deal than Scotland, we at least have some fiscal autonomy and a devolved parliament which is working for us.

I am no expert in finance, EC legislation, etc, but this was the reason why I turned from a likely NO voter to an almost certain YES. I asked myself one question.......

If the people in Scotland are 'subsidy junkies' why when we talk about independence does Westminster not just let us go? Look at any big business when times are hard, branches which are not performing are ruthlessly chopped.

1. They want to keep us because the loss of the taxes from Scotland would severely dent the UK's bp.

2. But I think the big reason is that there is no place in rUK which can safely be home for the despicable WMD's being kept on the Clyde. And what happens if you have to give up your nukes? You lose your place as a world power. And that is why they don't want us to go. They would lose a seat at the big boys table

3. Labour don't want us to go because that is 30 to 50 seats they will lose to the tories from now on. The tories therefore should be desperate for us to go. A labour party without Scotland to contribute its pesky MP's. But wait a minute, they don't want us to go. Why? Could it be taxes from oil and whisky and those very important nukes.

Until someone can tell me why they want to keep us so badly (not the English public, the politicians), then I will put my trust in the Scottish people to do what is right for the Scottish people.

And one last thing, maybe there is nobody coming to this poll from the 'NO' camp because they are being to complacent. They think that if they can pump enough lies out in newspapers and the BBC then it's a stroll in the park. That's what they thought with the devolution vote and look where we are.
    and who took us into this "illegal" war, Tony Blair, A SCOTSMAN!!!

Who was either chancellor or prime minister during the worst part of the financial mis-management? Gordon Brown, hang on he is a SCOTSMAN.

Both could have been in power in Scotland if Scotland had already been Independent at that point!!

Don't go painting Scots as any "better" people than anyone else! good and bad in all countries!

Helen said UK governments, which is made up of more than one person and more than one nationality. Yes TB and GB are Scottish, but two men do not rule the country. The UK government took us into war and we would like to have our Scottish Government decide this in the future. We are not better than you, just as you are not better than us. But I do believe we are not better together.
  • groupid
    groupid Posts: 19 Forumite
    Which is why you want all your laws and policies to be subservient to those made in Brussels? :think:

No, it's why we want the people of Scotland to be able to make the choice of our membership of EU, Nato, Schengen, or whether to send our young folk off to fight in illegal wars. Rather than being dragged into, or out of, whatever the population around London decides. What's hard to understand about that? Think yersel!
  • groupid
    groupid Posts: 19 Forumite
    spacey2012 wrote: »
    I can not wait, they will be liquefied like Greece and any "oil money" they rave on about wont even pay the interest on the bail out in 2015.

They think they can trust the EU cabal more than their fellow Celtic relations in England because we live over a line drawn in the dirt they deserve all they have coming.
    what a bitter outlook on the world....I'd change your signature to Be Spiteful
    Individuals opinions are not less valid.

The validity of a poll where it can be swung by sending people to vote is what I would question.

Online polls are worthless when there is a campaign to swing which way that vote goes! It's not a true reflection, you need real polls for that as I mentioned before!

How can you stop someone in America for example voting? simply you can't! How can you stop people voting from more than 1 device? very difficult, it would be easy for me to vote from my laptop at home and then my phone on the wifi at work. no one any technology can stop that.

It's the poll itself that's worthless not peoples opinion!!

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not bothered about the poll results here (I actually came from Twitter) but it's good to have some more discussion.
  • Hi Moderator,

I see the below comment has been inserted:-

'Note: The 'I live in Scotland' vote started rising rapidly late Monday evening. Most of the additional votes were 'yes' (beforehand, 'No' had been winning). Our suspicion is there's been an email/social media campaign to get 'yes' votes - so please take this result with a pinch of salt.'

It is fact that the poll was mentioned on the 'Wings over Scotland' blog and this has undoubtedly given substantially more traffic to your site - but it will be self-delusion to discount these votes. You do the poll an injury to suggest it has been manipulated; you already have a technical check to prevent multiple polling, so how can these votes be taken as anything but genuine responses?

Such is the attitude that's dumbing down polling effectiveness elsewhere - so take these responses for what they are and don't emulate the other MSM sponsors who have agendas to push.

I would guess your interest's genuine but if it's to bring traffic to this site - the job's done - maybe you don't want to have these votes piling up on the wrong side for you - but, c'est la vie! :beer:
  • So, because the NO were ahead of YES before YES went ahead of NO..there must be manipulation...of YES? YES? hmmm might there have been manipulation of NO before YES took the lead? hmm maybe NO don't like sharing stuff on social media...cos they can do that just as YES can also do that. Do we know if NO were sharing this on their pages? Total nonsense...

We know what's going on...we're used to it...;) Does no one find it strange that any polls ...repeat **ANY POLLS**which show a YES lead are 'maipulated' yet all the NO polls which show a lead are the ones to be believed? LOL! Big shock awaits the UK! :eek: I can hear the shrieks from here! What do you mean!! I thought you said we were gonnie win! :eek:
  • andrewf75
    andrewf75 Posts: 10,421 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    All the reputable polls show the NO vote in the lead

I think Scotland should vote YES but its very clear that the odds are heavily against it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure