Is the licence fee worth it? Poll discussion

1434445464749»

Comments

• guppy
    guppy Posts: 1,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Daisy_Bell wrote: »
    Yes, but who won? Is it thumbs up or down for the BBC? (Maths never was my strong point!) :confused:

The "no" people "won" by a significant margin. Next week, we are voting to abolish income tax :)
  • Oh Yeah? :rotfl:

"Common Sense is really not so common!"
  • I know the poll has ended but paying the TV licence fee is of interest to me.

Why should I pay for a TV licence when I don't have terrestial arial and all my tv comes through Sky which I already pay a monthly fee.

Someone told me a few months back that there is a formed group of high profile businessmen who are refusing to pay for the TV licence fee due to not having terrestial TV. However, I also heard that the BBC won't take them to court about the non payment because it is deemed that they would lose which would open up a big can of worms for everyone else who only uses Sky for TV pleasure.
  • Daisy_Bell
    Daisy_Bell Posts: 186 Forumite
    Well, taking that to it's logical conclusion, when everything is digital, and there is no terrestrial TV or radio, those businessmen (and presumably everyone else) paying a subscription for their TV (not Freeview) will be within their rights not paying the BBC License?

"Common Sense is really not so common!"
  • Defiant_3
    Defiant_3 Posts: 247 Forumite
    Daisy_Bell wrote: »
    Yes, but who won? Is it thumbs up or down for the BBC? (Maths never was my strong point!) :confused:

The poll reflects other neutral opinion polls I've seen by Mori and Yougov where the majority have just about had enough of subsidising this selfish & arrogant minorities TV

Is the licence fee worth it? This poll took place between 31 July and 7 August 2007

YES 3948

NO 8232
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family