sunmaster rip off???

We are wanting to book a holiday and have found a good deal on the sunmaster website. We almost booked it online but decided to give them a ring as there are 2 families going. We quoted our reference numbers but we were advised that the price didn't include baggage or airport duty...adding an extra £500!! As we had got to the final payment page when we got the original quote but just chickened out of buying, when would they have let us know about the significant increase in price? The price for flights states it includes charges so not sure how they can do this??

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Perhaps they made a mistake? If they had, you would have had the opportunity not to continue with your booking.

Why do people always jump on the 'rip off' bandwagon?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    on the baggage thing, their T&Cs say:

6. IMPORTANT FLIGHT INFORMATION Please note that not all airlines include hold baggage within the cost of their flights. Where this is the case extra charges will apply. Please check at the time of booking that hold baggage is included within your booking. It is your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient baggage allowance. Please be aware that hold baggage weight restrictions may also vary between airlines.

It seems unlikely that prices wouldn't include duty though.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Have had a look at their website, and you appear not to have read the booking t&c's. The 'deal' that you find online is subject to confirmation from Sunmaster, and considering that they use charters and low cost airlines, it is inevitable that these amounts will fluctuate.

Have a read of the terms and conditions. They make sense to me!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • joonste
    joonste Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2010 at 12:50AM
    thanks for the replys. i don't mind paying extra for baggage and was aware itmay not be included, but find it misleading when next to the price for flights it states inc charges. An extra £500+ is a massive difference for 4 adults 2 children. The amount quoted for flights was the same as booking direct with the flight company so didn't really think it would jump up quite so much in price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure