The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Comments

• Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    8/31 AFDs tonight :)
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    #6 for me this evening :) Popped to tesco to get some packed lunch stuff and wasnt even tempted to get alcohol :)
  • 8/31 for me today please, I can't see temptation on the horizon tonight.

I think I find myself being drawn to the OS weightloss board so may see a couple of you there too.

Keep on keeping on people.
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Think I'll declare 8/31 too.

Can't see me being tempted tonight. I'm quite determined to see this month through but not looking too far ahead.
  • 3/15 please shaggy

Thanks for the new thread:)

Diet coke and a curry tonight for me. I think the last time I gave up significantly I put weight on too so I have to keep an eye on all those extra treats.
  • Know what you mean debjay. 31 days is the big goal. Yes, day by day is what gets us through but it's defo the weekends for me.
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    8/21 AFDs tonight. Thanks for the fab "smiley" (what are they called, cos they're not emoticons either).

I'm being geeky tonight and loving Stargazing. Me and DH watched it last night then rushed outside to see what we could see in the night sky. Clouds, pah.

I really want to see the Northern Lights, I'm working on DH.

I suggest painting your nails, ladies, to avoid snacking.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Know what you mean debjay. 31 days is the big goal. Yes, day by day is what gets us through but it's defo the weekends for me.

Mine is weekends too.

However, it was starting to become nightly esp as I work shifts so am sometimes off during the week. We were then drinking during the week but not at weekends when I worked. We used to say we'd only drink at weekends but it quickly became the habit to drink every night.

That's what I'd be happy with after this month. None during the week and maybe a few at weekends. If I'm working at the weekend we'll have an AF week.

Like you said, a month is a long time so I'm trying not to tempt fate.
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all

Happy New Year :D. Sorry I've not been about but doing ok and I'm on 5/16 AFDs.
  • You have to really think about it though don't you. 'I have to cut down' doesn't just hit you. It's a mixture of seeing the bottle(s) in the recycling midweek, thinking it's been a tough day on a Tuesday, let's have a little something, the weekend beginning on a Thursday, etc, that makes you think hang on, I've woken up with a dry mouth again, don't want to get up and when you (I) stir from the pit a puffy face looks back from the bathroom mirror. Shifts must make it double hard to keep a handle on.

Like you, I'm no looking become teetotal. Just call a halt. To something before it gets out of hand. if drinking doesn't fit with the plan, make it AF, not rearrange the drinking. I like that one debjay, mind if I nick it.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure