Time for a change

Options

Comments

• WelshKitty85
    Options
    LAM2011 wrote: »
    HI Welshkitty

good luck in your journey of being DF. I used to bake a bit but these days it either gets eaten before it can be packed away or I just don't have time and both OH and I could do with loosing some weight lol so its better not to bake :)

What about some chips, egg and beans or one of with the gammon?

Hello & thank you.

I have plenty of potatoes in so may well do some homemade chips. Alternatively, thinking about throwing a quick pasta together as we have had so much potato over the last week, so might be nice to have a change.

I love baking, find it quite therapeutic (when it turns out right!) but I'm quite happy for everybody else to eat it all as I don't have much of a sweet tooth. :)
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Back to work today and it has been another no spend day. Used some of the gammon to make special fried rice last nice and have a bit left to make a pasta with tonight. Pleased it has done so many meals.

Home insurance is due for renewal in Jan, so need to start shopping around. Pretty sure I can knock at least £5 a month off this.

Still got a little wine left from boxing day, so might have a glass tonight , save it going to waste as that wouldn't be very MSE would it!?
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Home insurance is due for renewal in Jan, so need to start shopping around. Pretty sure I can knock at least £5 a month off this.

Go through a cashback site and get even more off!

I had my renewal quote this week - over £400. Went through company website as if a new customer and was quoted just over £300 for same cover. Then tried a comparison site and cheapest I can can get is £168 but not quite the cover we want but even so I can get something around £200 - so halved it already.............going to do some more research:D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    Go through a cashback site and get even more off!

I had my renewal quote this week - over £400. Went through company website as if a new customer and was quoted just over £300 for same cover. Then tried a comparison site and cheapest I can can get is £168 but not quite the cover we want but even so I can get something around £200 - so halved it already.............going to do some more research:D

Thanks, I will have a look. To be honest, I haven't really got to grips with cashback sites. Ive never really found anything worthwhile through them so gave up a while ago. Will try again though. I have only looked at 1 comparison site so far and have reduced it from £15 to just over £10 pm, so definitely heading in the right direction!
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Aaaarrrgghhhh!!! Just checked bank balance and I am a lot more overdrawn than I was expecting! I get my finance next week so will be able to completely clear this, however this is going to leave me with less in my budget each month til the end of april. We are going on holiday in march and was really hoping to be able to take a set amount of money that will let us treat the kids and not have to worry while we are away. Going to have some lunch (homemade chips...yum yum!) Then come up with a plan to cover this shortfall! I will be back!
  • Squirrelly
    Options
    Hi WelshKitty85, sounds like you are on a similar journey to me. I have subscribed. Good luck x
    DEBT : Aug 2019 [STRIKE]£6220[/STRIKE] £5970
    EF :[STRIKE] £250[/STRIKE] £500
    Short term savings: [STRIKE]£200[/STRIKE] £325
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Squirrelly wrote: »
    Hi WelshKitty85, sounds like you are on a similar journey to me. I have subscribed. Good luck x

Welcome aboard & thank you. I'm just hoping this journey isnt going to be too bumpy!
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Right, time for some positive thinking and to draw up a plan!

I joined swagbucks a few months ago and have almost enough points for £25 paypal. I will keep at this and save everything I earn on here towards spends for holiday.

I will keep searching for cheaper home insurance and will take out the lowest price policy that I find by the end of the week.

Car insurance is due for renewal in Feb so will start looking at that soon as well, see if I can get the price down.

Need to discuss with dh about reducing tv/bb/phone bundle. We should be able to save at least £5 a month just by reducing the call package.

Will sort through my wardrobe, kids wardrobes and toys. Need to have a clearout anyway to make room for their xmas presents. Will see what I can sell on facebook & ebay.

Any other suggestions will be gratefully received!
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have a look at Topcashbac*k.....I know you said you didnt have much look with cashback sites but for insurance there are some very generous cashback deals:) Free listing on Eb*y until 5th Jan
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Igamogam. I have had a look but cant find anything to match what I already found. To be honest, I am quite happy with the prices I have found, so will get that sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure