PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please put me down for €250 for December, will take that to feed the masses who will assemble here for at least 5 days!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    Options
    Not counted up my November spends so far, but I did manage to do a stock take today :j

Please put me down for

zepsgal £180

Going to DH's sisters for Christmas dinner, so that will help my budget x
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to join in this month please. Could you please put me down for £250, ta :)

It's for feed and clean a house of 2 adults, 2 children, 2 cats, 2 dogs and some chooks. £250 is currently supposed to be our budget, but I recon we blow it every month as I seem to spend in Mr T with my current account as well as having taken the £250 out at the beginnign of the month, sigh..

So, this month I want us to hit the budget we're supposed to be, and then next month I'll try and shave some money off that

My month starts on the 20th
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,761 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Could I join please? My budget for December is £200. I also pledge not to buy the piles of unhealthy junk that Asd@ want me to buy over the festive period. I have done the extra food shopping already. One turkey crown (used Tesc0 double up vouchers so technically free), two bottles of pinot grigio (same), a packet of crackers for cheese, some chilli cheese, a bag of chilli peanuts and two bags of sweet popcorn for me and little master cranky to be eaten watching Crimbo films.

Every year I fall for it and think "ooh, that looks nice", and bring home junk. I can't afford it and this year I'm not going to fall for it.

I'll be having Christmas dinner with my friends - I provide the turkey, they provide the rest of it and cook it. Last year I made Christmas cake....I think we were still eating it in February. This year I'm going to make mince pies. I have the stuff in for those already, so I should only need the usual shopping from now until the end of December. Famous last words and all that.
  • welshdreamer71
    Options
    £300Can I please join in for december I wont officially start counting till 30th nov but at least its a start...£250 for a normal month but as the big fellas coming we will no doubt spend more, but have been guilty of near enough spending that in tesc0s in 1 hit in years gone by tut .. good luck all x
    2 week 5:2=5.5lb off.
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    hi can i please be put down for 200 please, i didnt do last months gc so need to stay on track . Thanks .
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • tessie_bear
    Options
    thankyou to all who get the thread going...i am going to spend as little as possible and not go mad and lumber myself with a load of food we spend the rest of the year eating...christmas cake/pickles/bread sauce/cranberry sauce....we like all these but i need to limit the amount coming into the house so we arent drowning in them...not a nice thought

i am going to carry on with my weekly plan up until the week before christmas then will go with the flow a bit as we plan get a better offer and dont eat the planned meal so will take it a day or 2 at a time

also need to make some food in the freezer to fit some christmas bits in..lots to do

good luck tess
    onwards and upwards
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    Even though I won't start December until the 1st, I'm still going to keep my budget at £50...

I think I might end up going over, but at least the tight limit should keep me under control!
    In previous years I've always ended up buying all the junk in the red boxes that clog up the freezer sections every year, like mozarella sticks, and I'm ALWAYS disappointed. So this year I'll be cutting out altogether, or making my own.
    Will be spending a few days over Christmas with family at the parents house, so haven't got that to pay for... But I do like to turn up with some home-made contibution in-hand... I'm thinking this year, Jamie Oliver's sausage rolls and some biscuits of some sort...
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • afeitar
    Options
    I'm going to aim for £150 again this month, looks like we will be coming in under budget for November and we have been quite frugal so we will probably treat ourselves a bit more in December. However we will also be eating out at families more so we might come out under budget again! We'll see... My lovely Mum also always gives us a Christmas hamper in December full of christmassy food. Going to start on the 1st December.
    November Grocery Challenge = £83.47/£150
  • xxlouisexx56
    Options
    Can I be out down for £250 please

I've bought some Xmas supplies already and have been stock piling normal things like cereal and pasta.

Will post here again on dec 1st!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport