NRAM ERC refund coming soon...

Comments

• I have today written to NRAM and FOS as well ........ not expecting to get anywhere, but for the sake of a bit of time and ink am not going to lose anything !

Please do post any reply from FOS damory, will be very interesting to hear what they have to say about it!
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    damory wrote: »
    I have made a complaint to FOS as I feel this is not concrete enough. I feel as they accept in principle that they should refund the ERC to me they should wave it as B&B do. I will post the FOS decision as soon as I get it.

How are you associating B&B with NR mortgages. What's the commercial connection?
  • Hi I am new to this forum but I just wanted to inform everyone that I have just had a complaint against NRAM upheld with regards ERC's. I first complained to them in October because I moved house and they charged be £4500.00 in ERC's even though my mortgage was supposed to be portable. I am now pleasedto say I have just paid a cheque into the bank for the full ERC amount + Interest.

You just have to be official with them, I was going down the FOS route as well so I can only assume NRAM knew they would loose out.

My advice is go after them as hard as you can, keep the pressure on them and good luck!!
  • We have a complaint in with the FOS as we felt that the last 'word of mouth' deal should have been passed on to us back in January 2010. NRAM did not uphold our complaint when we missed out so the FOS is now looking at it. Doesn't look good though, it is now at the 'last stage' complaint as initially they can find nothing wrong with how NRAM do these offers.

Now remortgaging and broker has spoken with NRAM who confirmed yesterday there are no offers regarding the waiving of ERC fees, etc.
  • Jtudge wrote: »
    Hi I am new to this forum but I just wanted to inform everyone that I have just had a complaint against NRAM upheld with regards ERC's. I first complained to them in October because I moved house and they charged be £4500.00 in ERC's even though my mortgage was supposed to be portable. I am now pleasedto say I have just paid a cheque into the bank for the full ERC amount + Interest.

You just have to be official with them, I was going down the FOS route as well so I can only assume NRAM knew they would loose out.

My advice is go after them as hard as you can, keep the pressure on them and good luck!!

Well done and congratulations for getting your ERC refunded.
  • arif50
    arif50 Posts: 19
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got very happy when reading the start of this thread - then more disappointed as I moved through the pages :(

I'm in the process of writing to NRAM for the 2nd time and making an official complaint - and then going to fill out the forms for the FOS.

Not holding out much hope given the stories in there - but there's some hope........
  • I feel a real story has been uncovered here...

The 'bad bank' parts of both Bradford & Bingley and Northern Rock (NRAM) are managed by the same vehicle UK Asset Resolution.

UK Asset Resolution is effectively the UK government.

The UK Asset Resolution website (google for website) states, "UK Asset Resolution Limited (UKAR Limited) is the holding company established on 1 October 2010 to bring together the Government-owned businesses of Bradford & Bingley plc and Northern Rock (Asset Management) plc (NRAM)."

It goes on to state, "The Executive team of UKAR manages both organisations focusing on this common objective, whilst ensuring that both companies continue to treat customers fairly, deliver consistently high levels of service and support those customers facing financial difficulty".

How can the UK state be treating customers fairly - when Bradford & Bingley is waiving ERCs and NRAM is not - simple question, untenable position.

I suggest all those effected e-mail Vince Cable and his BIS department and also their local MP to ask why this inequality is being allowed to happen. This is what I have done.

Best of luck
  • Blaydon, do you have a template of the e-mail you sent to your MP/Vince Cable? I'm not the best at writing these sort of things so it would help increase the number of e-mails if it's easier for people send an e-mail.
  • Teddy,

You can find the contact details of your MP at www. findyourmp.parliament.uk

I would cc it to customerrelations @ n-ram.co.uk and enquiry.enquiry @ bis.gsi.gov.uk - Vince Cable's department (delete spaces between two parts of e-mail addresses)

I would keep it simple - explain you are a former Northern Rock customer. Then ask the question - why are former Bradford & Bingley mortgage customers being offered a ERC fee waiver whilst former Northern Rock customer (NRAM) are not being offered a fee waiver?

Both are now nationationalised 'bad banks' funded by the taxpayer and managed by UK Assert Resolution (UK Government) so why are they operating under different conditions? It simply cannot be fair and former Northern Rock customers are being given a shoddy deal by the government, through no fault of their own.

Hope that helps

Blaydon
  • Does anyone know how we could bring this thread to Martin's attention? I feel this is a real live consumer affairs issue which should be taken to the highest levels of Government.

Certain nationalised banks are giving their customers horrendous customer service simply because the institution is no longer a profit making commercial entity. No commercial business (worth its' salt) would treat their customers like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure