iGroup / GE Money Mortgage PPI ~ Please help!!

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    is it better to go via FOS or one of the hundreds of PPI claim companies

Claims companies use the free of charge complaints process but charge you for it. You cannot go directly to the FOS. You have to complain to the broker that sold it. Just as the claims company would.
    I am aware there may be fees but it could be quicker and easier than dealing with FOS.

Its not quicker and it reduces your chances of success.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    hughmungus wrote: »
    Just found an old IGroup PPI policy from 2003 for £4000, is it better to go via FOS or one of the hundreds of PPI claim companies, I am aware there may be fees but it could be quicker and easier than dealing with FOS.

Don't get your hopes up either because it's pre regulation.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • On 27-06-2014 5:43 PM Vasantha59 posted regarding FOS and GEMoney/iGroup.
    I'm in a similar position and getting no replies to my enquiries.
    Who are FOS and how do I contact them?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm in a similar position and getting no replies to my enquiries.

What enquiries have you made?

Was your sale before or after regulation? (the FOS will only review complaint outcomes for post regulation cases)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Please contact the FOS as they can deal with PPI complaints. My victory was major but it required patience ...I proved Socy of Lloyds were complicit in fraud as I-group, the insurer and the broker were all REPRESENTATIVES of Socy of Lloyds. The fact that Socy of Lloyds is an insurer is irrelevant.
    The wording I used the i spoke to the FOS was crucial in exposing Socy of Lloyds as the UNDERWRITER of the agreement and the insurance and,therefore, in working with Socy of Lloyds, it was understood that I-Group (or any other lender), the broker and the insurer who sold the PPI were ALL Socy of Lloyd's REPRESENTATIVEs and, therefore, Socy of Lloyds WAS complicit in fraud because they approved the PPI knowing full well it could not be claimed on in most cases and the circumstances were the brokers ADVISED the customer to take it and in many cases like mine, we were FORCED to take it.

It is the MANNER in which the PPi was sold which deems it mis-sold. I won my PPi back after fighting for 9 years and mine was a most complex case. The FOS has all my case notes and will know what laws were used to prove Socy of Lloyds were ultimately responsible for the SALE of the PPI!!!

I am writing my story at the moment and it exposes every thing I had to unearth in my case which should help all those struggling with their PPI complaints.
  • -taff
    PM from the above poster to me

"You are wrong...sorry for late reply!
    My PPi was sold PRE-Regulation and I won my case because I KNEW WHAT to SAY to the FOS and that's what enabled me to win my case!

It CAN be claimed back if it's pre-regulation if you have the docs and know what to SAY!

Regards

Vasantha"
  • Vasantha59 wrote: »
    Socy of Lloyds WAS complicit in fraud
    That's a very serious allegation for which the result of your PPI complaint does not provide any evidence, I'm afraid.

The PPI scandal is not a legal issue, more a regulatory one.

It's therefore wise not to apply irrelevant legal arguments when discussing your complaint.

Respond only on the forum, no personal messages please. :)
  • -taff
    Who are Socy of Lloyds?
  • -taff wrote: »
    Who are Socy of Lloyds?
    Vasantha59 wrote: »
    the ultimate culprit was Society of Lloyds

Insurance Market.
  • -taff
    Vasantha59 wrote: »
    My PPi was sold PRE-Regulation and I won my case because I KNEW WHAT to SAY to the FOS and that's what enabled me to win my case!...
    It CAN be claimed back if it's pre-regulation if you have the docs and know what to SAY!...
    Vasantha"

I suggest you don't hold back then, tell us what your wording was so you can help others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure