How does the Bank Holiday affect my JSA payment?

Hello,
I forgot to ask this yesterday when I signed on so I thought I'd see if anyone here had the answer. I sign on on a Thursday and so get paid the following Tuesday...however, we have a bank holiday monday this week so will that affect when I get paid. I remember that a long time ago Post Offices would have signs up stating you could cash Giro's early. But now that they use bank transfer for it does it go in on the same day, a day late or early?

I ask because I want to make sure I budget accordingly and don't end up caught short because I didn't know.
The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 1/Official 'Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)' Member 18
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." Bill Hicks
TRUE BLOOD FANGIRLS #4
Wouldn't You Like To Be A Plushroom Too?:D

Comments

• nunnygirl
    nunnygirl Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    I sign on today and it's going to be in my bank on Wednesday like it always is.

The only time it changes is when your money day falls on a bank holiday

You SHOULD be OK

HTH
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 1216 -
    2011 Total - £526.62

2012 Total - £503.87
  • ~*Plushroom*~
    ~*Plushroom*~ Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    nunnygirl wrote: »
    I sign on today and it's going to be in my bank on Wednesday like it always is.

The only time it changes is when your money day falls on a bank holiday

You SHOULD be OK

HTH

Ah thank you, that's good to know.
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 1/Official 'Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)' Member 18
    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." Bill Hicks
    TRUE BLOOD FANGIRLS #4
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    No, i sign Thursdays too my payment is always in on the Saturday before, it will be there early try on Saturday morning i bet its there.
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    My child benefit & carers allowance go in the bank on a Monday, if it's a bank holiday they go in on the Friday beforehand.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I sign on a Thursday (ie yesterday) and was told my money would be in early due to the bank holiday - and yes, it's appeared in my bank account today.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • ~*Plushroom*~
    ~*Plushroom*~ Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    I sign on a Thursday (ie yesterday) and was told my money would be in early due to the bank holiday - and yes, it's appeared in my bank account today.

I just found this out when I went to pick up my prescription, it was a surprise. I didn't get told whether it would be early or not, though we were laughing over the fact that I'd signed the last month with a date the month before and the JSA book had been signed by the advisor with a date the month after. Think we got a little distracted by our odd uselessness with knowing the correct date for the sign-in sheet :D

Thank you everyone, I don't think I woud have checked if it wasn't for a quick view of the posts on here :D
    TRUE BLOOD FANGIRLS #4
  • i sign on wednesday but my benifits are send through the post would i get mine early because of the bank holiday or would on get them on the friday as normal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure