Tresor Rare Refund Help

Comments

• On their receipt it is 34.

With regard to following their refund policy - complete waste of time! I had a suspicion (which is why I posted in the first place) that their practice was dodgy by the reception I was met with in the store when I tried to return the goods. On emailing the given email address they replied with obstructive responses - the info they asked for I gave them and then they sent further emails requesting stupid information (which initially I gave to them). I've not bothered replying to their last email as they were just wasting my time! Legal advice taken and credit card company involved. A complaint to Trading Standards is now also in process.
  • Flopsy
    Flopsy Posts: 6 Forumite
    34 is where Everest Marketing claim to be

(for all I know it could be an office that is used as a London address)

(also please note that the spelling on this is not my own...)

EVEREST MARKETHING
    34 South Molton St.
    W1K5RG
    London
    UK

Tel:
    44 (0) 2074095279

info@everestm.com

You can find the directors etc of Everest Marketing by searching for them
  • mandragora_2
    mandragora_2 Posts: 2,611 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Send her a private message - she's more likely to pick that up.
    Reason for edit? Can spell, can't type!
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would take a picture of the 14 day refund sign, and then ask AmEx to take a look..
  • Oro Gold, along with Vine Vera and Vivo Per Lei are part of an elaborate international scam run by an Israeli company called Mazal Enterprises, based in California. Worryingly, there are hundreds of fake reviews on pretty much every website singing the praises of these bogus brands. The salespeople, who claim to be dermatologists, use high-pressure sales techniques and false advertising to sell their terrible products for exorbitant prices. All the positive reviews are fabricated. If you care to check the reviewers' history you will find that they review the same products.

For starters the moisturiser (incidentally, I wouldn't put this anywhere near my face - a quick look at the ingredients and it's a blend of cheap petroleum-sourced emollients and emulsifiers, sunflower oil and toxic preservatives)

For example the 24K Deep Day Moisturizer Cream, for example, include Propylene Glycol (petroleum-sourced compound found in anti-freeze. Considered toxic in the USA - skin contact or inhalation can cause brain, liver and kidney abnormalities), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (an exotic way of saying sunflower oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (another cheap oily liquid, derived from coconut oil), Betaine Monohydrate (a compound derived from the waste of the sugar beet molasses industry, commonly used in animal feeds), Isopropyl Myristate (a solvent that is readily absorbed by the skin, used in flea and tick products for pets by dissolving the wax that covers the exoskeleton of the parasites, killing them by dehydration), Cetearyl Alcohol (used in hair conditioners to give hair that waxy feel) Cetearyl Glucoside (emulsifier found in shampoos and conditioners), Peg-100 Stearate (used on damaged or broken skin causes kidney problems), Petrolatum (petroleum jelly), Triethanolamine (emulsifier which is approved as an indirect food additive - aka it can be used in packaging), C13-14 Isoparaffin (a mixture of *mineral oils* derived from petroleum), Methylisothiazolinone (a preservative no longer used by brands such as Piz Buin, Nivea, Vaseline and Huggies due to the high number of adverse reactions), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate (used for years as a preservative in water-based paints, metal-working fluids and as a wood preservative, toxic by inhalation and restricted for use in cosmetics in Japan)
    These ingredients, for example the mineral oil (one of the worst skincare offenders), are petroleum by-products that coat the skin like plastic, clogging the pores and interfering with skin's ability to eliminate toxins.

The worst offender is the 24K Deep Peeling Mask. The salesperson will tell you that the white beads that form on your hand are impurities, toxins and *dead skin.* IN FACT, the residue which forms as the salesperson massages the gel into your skin is down to a reaction similar to that of PVA glue. The chemical reaction between cetrimonium chloride and carbomer (thickener) will produce these white beads/residue on any surface.
  • If you bought these porducts with your Amex you maybe able to get a refund from them if you explain the situation
    Also you should report them to trading standards

Regards,
  • Although these products may be overpriced junk, Propylene Glycol iOS approved for food and cosmetic use in the US, so to say it is considered toxic is wrong and even a high exposure to the substance the worse that can happen is that you get a bit of skin irritation.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=1120&tid=240
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Although these products may be overpriced junk, Propylene Glycol iOS approved for food and cosmetic use in the US, so to say it is considered toxic is wrong and even a high exposure to the substance the worse that can happen is that you get a bit of skin irritation.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=1120&tid=240

That alone wouldn't be enough to deem something safe. I believe in the US they operate a "you can use it until proved otherwise" approach.

Even our own government will deem things "safe" that aren't actually so. What they mean when they say "safe" is that the risks are acceptable.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    I wouldn't worry too much about PG - it's used as a humectant, is widely tolerated, and is in a lot of foods as E1520, and just about all e-cig mixes.
  • My GF and I had a similar experience to many on this thread. We walked by the Kingston store and pulled in to listen to their sales pitch. First, the salesman plastered a mask onto my GF without asking for permission or whether she had any allergies. Then came the hard sell - approx £800 for two jars but if we bought them today, he would knock them down to £200 each *wink wink*. I told him we would go home and do research on the products to which he said today was his last day and the discounts would expire by EOD.

I suggest googling "tresor rare review" - seems this company has made many unhappy customers in the US.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure