Go Skippy Car insurance

Options

Comments

• splitinfinity
    Options
    They truly are bottom feeders. They'll entice customers in by showing them the cheapest quotes on the market. Ask for a little change or a cancellation, and they'll make their monies worth with hidden fees and disgusting tactics.
  • Tragen
    Tragen Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 April 2016 at 2:08PM
    Options
    Does anyone know how early they take payment for auto renewal? My policy runs till middle of may, but today I had an ominous text from them saying "thanks for choosing goskippy, we have some fantastic rates on our home insurance ..."

I also had a missed call from a bolton number 01204 232 022 5 mins prior. The number is constantly engaged.

By choosing, I hope they are not referring to auto renewal!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just renewed my car insurance the last week. Got quotes off the usual compare sites, GoSkippy and their other bottom feeding pals, A-Choice, where some of the cheapest quotes. Needless to say I skipped past them.
  • Drivermum
    Options
    Go Skippy cancelled my policy for no reason after a month. I had sent scans of all requested documents to them in an email but they denied receiving them!!
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Drivermum wrote: »
    Go Skippy cancelled my policy for no reason after a month. I had sent scans of all requested documents to them in an email but they denied receiving them!!

So there was a reason then.....
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • Dird
    Dird Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Needless to say I skipped past them.
    So who did you go with? This thread sadly scared me off Go Skippy. Decided to renew with Elephant who were slightly higher (but quote sent 1 month ago & much lower than what they currently offer me)
    Mortgage (Nov 15): £79,950 | Cashback sites: £900 | Current accounts: 11
    Mortgage (May 19): £71,754 | £30k in 2016: £30,300 (101%)
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The google reviews of their parent company Eldon Insurance are eye opening 28 reviews, all being 1 star apart from one giving 5 stars which appears it may be from a former employee.

I'm refering to Go Skippy
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dird wrote: »
    So who did you go with? This thread sadly scared me off Go Skippy. Decided to renew with Elephant who were slightly higher (but quote sent 1 month ago & much lower than what they currently offer me)

I went with Esure this time round.

Everytime I look for insurance these !!!!!! unknown companies always come up first. I now always skip past them and go for a known company.
  • Lollypop11
    Options
    Hi
    I've been with the company for 2 years, thank God nothing happened whilst with them.
    I have recently changed my address within the same area, I was billed £76.40 for change of address, when I enquired about the charge, I got different explanations from higher risk, parking and area .The last person told me the underwriter made the rules, I submitted forms online to challenge the charge and I never received any communication, they denied my communication with them

They are a bunch of unorganized people who cannot give explanations about their own policies. I initially thought I got a new advisor initially but it got worse as days went by, they ended up cancelling my policy with no explanation and charging me more on top of that.

I need the authority that can fight my case because they need to put their house in order.

:(:(:(
  • Natalie_24
    Options
    Do not use go skippy insurance they are total cowboys.Im one of the unlucky ones to have took out car insurance with them.I was in an accident at no fault of my own and go skippy have done nothing to help me claim against the third party.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure