Scammed.......

124»

Comments

• If you still had the phone, then the letter you wrote through their door would be a very good idea. but sure the police would want the phone and it gets very messy if you haven't got the phone to show them.

Too late now I feel. Just the joy of teenagers i'm afraid ;):p:D
  • If you still had the phone, then the letter you wrote through their door would be a very good idea. but sure the police would want the phone and it gets very messy if you haven't got the phone to show them.

Too late now I feel. Just the joy of teenagers i'm afraid ;):p:D

Isn't it just :wall:
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • My son was recently scammed. He was taking our cow to market when he met a person who said he would give my son some 'magic beans' in exchange for the cow and my son agreed. I went mad when he returned without any money and only these so called 'magic beans' and through them out of the window into the garden, however one of the beans has started to grow.

Teenagers!
    One man's folly is another man's wife. Helen Roland (1876 - 1950)
  • lurvlyloz wrote: »
    my 2 pennies worht....trwo the phone away. learn a lesson and move on. yes its rubbish...but reporting it to the police probably wont do alot & i wouldnt want the hassle and the worry

Agree .... hopefully he's learned a very valuable lesson.

It's carp but most of us have been scammed at some point or another ..... forget about it!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • You just handled stolen goods! Definitely don't sell parts of them on, straight away you realised you should have given all detaiils and the phone to the police, they might have been able to get it back to the owner.
    Debtfree!

• owen_money wrote: »
    My son was recently scammed. He was taking our cow to market when he met a person who said he would give my son some 'magic beans' in exchange for the cow and my son agreed. I went mad when he returned without any money and only these so called 'magic beans' and through them out of the window into the garden, however one of the beans has started to grow.

Teenagers!

:rotfl::rotfl:
    He'd probably do this too :D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • You just handled stolen goods! Definitely don't sell parts of them on, straight away you realised you should have given all detaiils and the phone to the police, they might have been able to get it back to the owner.

I know debtclearer, i'm now a criminal ;)
    Thing is i say it was reported 'stolen' it may have been reported lost (just read something on another forum) so i may not be a criminal after all <phew>
  • Sorry but you are because if somone reports their phone lost and another perosn finds the phone and dosent hand it in to the police this is classed as Theft by finding and is an arrestable offence !! sorry !

from wiki Theft by finding occurs when someone who chances upon an object which seems abandoned takes possession of the object but fails to take steps to establish whether the object is abandoned and not merely lost or unattended.[1] In some jurisdictions the crime is called "larceny by finding" or "stealing by finding
  • sistafromanothermista
    sistafromanothermista Posts: 2,230
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 8 December 2012 at 10:40PM
    Sorry but you are because if somone reports their phone lost and another perosn finds the phone and dosent hand it in to the police this is classed as Theft by finding and is an arrestable offence !! sorry !

from wiki Theft by finding occurs when someone who chances upon an object which seems abandoned takes possession of the object but fails to take steps to establish whether the object is abandoned and not merely lost or unattended.[1] In some jurisdictions the crime is called "larceny by finding" or "stealing by finding

Well that's very nice. Considering it's been smashed into 1000 pieces there is not a great deal i can do about it.
    Plus i didn't find it. We bought it. Unknowingly . Already reported to police who said nothing about bringing phone into station (before it was smashed)

As an addition. Don't believe everything you read on wiki. It can be edited by ANYONE!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure