Ask Atos Healthcare disability assessment questions

Comments

• A ‘Logic Integrated Medical Assessment [LiMA]

History shows that successive governments of any complexion will swing the helve and will use whatever means they have to do the dirty deed, they pay the 30 pieces of silver and the 'axman' in the shape of ATOS / LiMA move in to do that deed, they will do so relentlessly and without any compunction whatsoever to shape, split and cut any section of society their political master tells them to attack. ATOS is a private company driven entirely by the profit motive, the incentive is to get the assessment done, not to get it right.

IDS and his apparatchiks are lying to you, we the people of this island now believe that any crip [of any designation] is a fiddler, someone to be despised, a disposable drain on the resources of society, a waste of food. We - the nation - are becoming age-phobic - disabled-phobic - this tribe at war, their lies & statistics are changing the nations conscious, and unconscious psyche. The old, frail, ill and disabled, are engineered into the despised section of brother and mother and child that should be disposed of - wake UP !

The bits in blue are well worn phrases associated and used throughout the Maggie reign on UK news channels and papers, fed into the machine by both central office, and the cabinet office in the form of Bernard Ingham. That was then - and now is now - any change ? - naw .. .. don't kid yourself its in their very bones of their ideology. Make the delivery of the dirty deed two steps back behind the DWP and ATOS and you are running a 'simplicity with control' 'shadow state' behind the LiMA delivery system. This government just looooves enterprise without boundaries.

Someone, anyone later in history will look at the DWP handling of the benefits system, the ATOS contract, and the current incumbents governance of its people. The inherited fragile near to collapse financial system, spiralling energy and food prices were not the fault of the people but the fault of weak and inadequate governments who failed to reign in the bankers. Dealing with this situation by manipulating the press and media with slurs, selective statistics, increased hate crimes, increasing by the month human rights abuses to facilitate treasury targets is a misuse of government.

We need an end to all LiMa based assessments until the profile they are able to produce is close - much closer to the truth of what it is intended to assess, and it is still miles away from close to the truth, hence the appeal outcome levels. We need a proper review of the changes an their impact upon veterans, sick, people with disabilities/mental health issues & carers. Its not ATOS only .. .. it's the government .. .. any good arms dealer will sell you the guns to do the job and take the blame, and any good axeman will swing the helve down hard for his paymaster and take the blame.

Shame on all parties involved !
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • satarical
    satarical Posts: 211 Forumite
    Le73Uq86Uv wrote: »
    Why has MSE allowed this thread?

I can see in the future Martin going on live on TV and being barrassed by this thread.

I hope he is prepared for the bad publicity.

He may even get Boooed like the MP's did at the olympics.

Personally I don't think he would care. He has sold up and pocketed a substantial sum of money for this site.
  • satarical
    isolation wrote: »
    I will be making the complaint once the tribunal is over.

Dee
    http://dwpnegligence.wordpress.com

Just to let you know, the GMC have a standardised letter that they send out to people who complain about their members in respect of an ATOS assessment.

You will get nowhere - the GMC just block the complaint. If you want me to put the contents of the letter on here just let me know.
  • satarical
    halight wrote: »
    It would be good to know.

But there have been cases of people that work for the DWP that have lost there Job because of illness and they have had a ATOS medical that says they are unfit for work. Only to then try and claim ESA and have another ATOS medical are been found fit for work.

You really can not make some of this stuff up!

Much like comparing a pug and a wolf - totally different in all aspects except that they both are canines.
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    satarical wrote: »
    Just to let you know, the GMC have a standardised letter that they send out to people who complain about their members in respect of an ATOS assessment.

You will get nowhere - the GMC just block the complaint. If you want me to put the contents of the letter on here just let me know.

That's not true. The GMC take complaints against their members including those employed by Atos seriously and where necessary investigate and take action.
  • satarical
    edited 25 January 2013 at 8:53PM
    JS477 wrote: »
    That's not true. The GMC take complaints against their members including those employed by Atos seriously and where necessary investigate and take action.

Well that seems strange seeing that I have a letter from the GMC that was clearly devised and printed beforehand and is a general explanation of why you can't report the doctor.

The GMC say that ATOS are the ones to complain to.

I'll dig it out and put it on here for you to read.

To add a bit more, I also complained to the Nursing and Midwifery Council about the first assessment back in Jan 2010. They did say that they had carried out a full investigation but their member denied everything and as such there is no evidence.
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Well that seems strange seeing that I have a letter from the GMC that was clearly devised and printed beforehand and is a general explanation of why you can't report the doctor.

Yes very strange isn't it!! ;)

WAP
  • FTW
    FTW Posts: 8,682 Forumite
    vision2009 wrote: »
    Its all about MONEY and moving "goalposts":mad:

Yep. Until some government decides that Atoss are attracting too much trouble and drops them - one where Atoss hasn't bought enough of its members.
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    Hi Gareth56, the evidence won’t be disregarded as part of the Work Capability Assessment. Anything relevant to the ESA descriptors will be taken into account along with any other information that is available.

Given that so many medical doctors and consultants have complained about Atos ignoring their expert evidence I find the above very difficult to believe.

Why then would these medical doctors and consultants report that their evidence isn't being taken inot account if Atos say it is!!!
  • FTW
    FTW Posts: 8,682 Forumite
    Ummm yes, Labour devised ESA, Labour gave the contract to ATOS, Con/Dem carried on with the scheme and expanded it, Labour agree with this expansion of Welfare Reform!

Unless you intend to vote for some obscure party at the next election there is very little to choose from - they both agree to a radical overall of the Welfare State.

Well, there was already absolutely no reason to vote for any of the three parties, and this is just one more of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure