Cheapest Boiler Cover Discussion

Options

Comments

• captainhindsight_2
    Options
    Interesting in the October which magazine . People with boiler cover had to wait longer for an engineer than people with out boiler cover.
    "talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" - Euripides
  • johnbhoy10
    Options
    Interesting in the October which magazine . People with boiler cover had to wait longer for an engineer than people with out boiler cover.

:D

' So you are already paying us and have 2 young kids sir, is that correct???......is a week on wednesday all right with you?'
  • Ningbo_Sparks
    Options
    ok - looking for some boiler and system cover and, having hunted around for a while, have come up with the following deal from HSE

9.98 per month, free service within 28 days of sign up, no call out charges, includes parts and labour, unlimited call outs (and a free hotel stay, but cdnt care less about that to be fair)

so - what's the catch - it seems the best offer out there by far ?

have even read the terms and conditions and cant see an obvious problem as long as you take care not to let the policy auto renew for a second year at some no doubt extortionate rate - any ideas - thanks very much in advance !

apologies for lack of links to policy details - can't post them as a new user by all accounts !
  • lizifee
    lizifee Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    kalico wrote: »
    Has anyone done any research and can steer me to the best provider that will cover properties that are rented out?

I have seen that Corgi offer policies circa £22 per month (to cover everything) but there are chunky excesses.

I've been with British Gas for years, but because the tenant called them out last year and (get this) the engineer fitted the wrong part (which caused a leak) so they had to make 3 return visits, B Gas have decided to up my premium to £550 per year. They don't want to hear my complaints about it being their fault that they had to call more than once, so my plan is to switch.

I have spotted Corgi too and from the looks of their website they have various levels of cover and at what I consider to be reasonable prices. I have had a look at their reviews too which are fairly positive - seems like a good option to me!
    https://www.corgihomeplan.co.uk/our-products
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So are homeserve absolutely to be avoided?

Their £9.50 cover looks too good to be true. Covers everything from the boiler to pest control and a todo thermostat thrown in.
    Sigless
  • rcgood
    rcgood Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone have information about a good LPG and CH Boiler Cover ?
  • Freezing
    Options
    I have had nothing but good experiences with Homserve but have had terrible experience this Christmas with 24/7 Home Rescue. They are closed until 5 January so there is no one you can speak to if you wish to make a complaint.

The corgi option sounds interesting so will check it out. Thanks.
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Will probably go with the BG Homecare 200. with £50 excess for £14.50. Far too many horror stories about homeserve even though they're cheaper.

Plenty about British gas too but at least I've seen quite a few happy customers.

My boiler is a vaillant and was going to go directly to them but they use homeserve for their insurance.
    Sigless
  • juliakill
    Options
    I am soo fed up, I have been with EON Central Heating Cover for a couple of years now and like what everyone says, you don't realise what your policy is worth until you have to make a claim. My tundish is dripping which means a valve attached to my hot water cylinder could be faulty. So I called EON who sent HES round, guess what it's not covered. I rung and spoke to EON who spoke to an in-house technician and he said it is covered if the valve is attached to the cylinder. I said it is. They rebook the engineer to come back. 2 hours later I get a phone call from EON to say sorry spoke again to a senior in-house technician and it is not covered! How is anyone taking out these policies supposed to know what they are buying when their own staff don't. I am disgusted, I will never go with EON / HES ever again. I now have to get someone else in to sort this problem despite paying £17.50 every month.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi juliakill

I'm really sorry you're having so many difficulties. HES and E.ON, though, are two separate companies.

We sold our central heating business to HES in April 2013. They took over responsibility for all central heating contracts from this time. We wrote to customers to explain about this change.

There was a period during the transition when they continued to use our branding. This stopped in April of this year.

I'd recommend contacting HES direct and following their complaints procedure. They're open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday (except for Bank Holidays).

Sorry I can't personally be of more help but hope something can be sorted out for you soon.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback