Free PC Game

2»

Comments

• Zeitgeist
    Zeitgeist Posts: 309 Forumite
    I agree, but this game was free, so why would anyone want to install copy protection?

:eek:
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain
  • i have just downloaded the game it is verry good i have also just checked pc for starforce it is not on my pc so no poblems with the game thanks very much
  • deeem119
    deeem119 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dave2608 wrote: »
    i have just downloaded the game it is verry good i have also just checked pc for starforce it is not on my pc so no poblems with the game thanks very much

You might want to check better - it does include Starforce, although I think the names or locations of the .sys files may have changed since the http://www.glop.org/starforce/ instructions were written.

Just installed it on Windows Vista, and although Vista stops the drivers running (incompatible), it still made both of my DVD writers dissappear. The official removal tool (http://www.onlinesecurity-on.com/protect.phtml?c=55) got rid of the drivers and problems though.

There is a lot of hoo-ha about the Starforce thing. Predictably, Starforce say any rumours of their software causing problems are spread by software pirates. You'd have to wonder why software pirates would spread these rumours, on account of the minimal information they release about anything they do. They're not on a PR campaign, most of them only strip the copy protection to prove they can do it... Who knows, the only thing that's obvious is that the Starforce software brings back echoes of Sony music CD root-kits.
  • Zeitgeist wrote: »
    I agree, but this game was free, so why would anyone want to install copy protection?

:eek:

Well, at a guess, its a way to get it installed on your computer?
  • lol! Its a MASSIVE online played game and doesn't cause any security problems on machines.

Don't get too involved and paranoid about software getting installed on your pc like that. Its a well published and reviewed game (which wouldnt be the case if it had a security issue).

The reason its free is it's used for a World Tournament event to qualify through...
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • W_s_n
    W_s_n Posts: 118 Forumite
    :confused:

I'm a bit confused with this.... I go to the site now and they are charging 19.99 for the game.....
    I moved here from Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) in 1980. I went to Borrowdale Primary School.
  • gaming_guy
    gaming_guy Posts: 6,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    W_s_n wrote: »
    :confused:

I'm a bit confused with this.... I go to the site now and they are charging 19.99 for the game.....

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games-Demo/Trackmania-Nations-Full-Free-Game.shtml

hth :D

if you play online, look out for gaming_guy as that will be me
  • I love to play car racing games like Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition, Need for Speed Undercover, Need for Speed for Rivals etc.
  • it's demo game
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    It might probably have been the full game..... thirteen years ago.... when the thread was started. :D
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport