p34nut Posts: 26 Forumite
    Jacobs cracker crisps x 3 packs from bzzagent
  • Savethekipper
    Savethekipper Posts: 1,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Redermic serum from La Roche Posay
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Wok Along cookery book with Lee Kum Kee. Great little book with some good recipes.
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Arezzaz, people arn't being smug, this is a community and we share the joy here our freebies give us!.. I for one often ask people on here where their particular freebie came from so that I can get one two!
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • wiorika
    wiorika Posts: 380 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I always check this thread to see which freebies are being sent out so that I know I can expect them soon
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Arezzaz wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why this thread exists. It seems to be populated with lots smug people boasting of their successes.

To me, I see no benefit to be gained from this

This thread exists for people to discuss what freebies they have received which allows the rest of us to know what freebies are successful and are actually sent, it also allows us to know about shops/events/businesses that are giving away freebies.

I see no smugness on the thread, just people sharing freebies that have arrived or that they have picked up which helps us all, this is, after all the freebies board where we all help each other get free stuff.

So basically there is quite a lot of benefit to be gained from the thread.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 July 2015 at 8:01PM
    Got a Molten Brown 30ml nourishing body lotion sample in their shop today and got 50ml shea body butter last week with Body sh0p card as a free gift.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • Received a free Morphy Richards steam iron to test as part of their testing panel. Not yet sure whether I can keep it after testing or whether I am expected to return it. I know one thing; it will cost me nothing whatever option they want me undertake as I will not pay anything for returning it to them.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Received a free Morphy Richards steam iron to test as part of their testing panel. Not yet sure whether I can keep it after testing or whether I am expected to return it. I know one thing; it will cost me nothing whatever option they want me undertake as I will not pay anything for returning it to them.
    I'd be very surprised if you had to return it, although I know this happens sometimes to people who review high value items for magazines.
    I review as one of Amazon's Vine Voices; I've never been asked to return a review product. Really it wouldn't be economical for Morphy Richards to ask for the product to be returned; they couldn't sell it as new, and would have to dispose of it/sell it as used.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback