Lidl Silvercrest Sewing Machine

Comments

• Kyresa
    Kyresa Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that this machine is back in store from 30 August 2010 :)

(I was looking for reviews of it and happened upon this thread, so sorry for bumping an old thread up, but it is the same machine!)
  • Kyresa wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that this machine is back in store from 30 August 2010 :)

(I was looking for reviews of it and happened upon this thread, so sorry for bumping an old thread up, but it is the same machine!)

Same as Kyresa - just thought I would bump this thread again, to tell you all that this machine is back in to Lidl on Monday 26th September! Also sweet little sewing accessories sets.

I am really interested in buying this machine, it's had some wonderful user reviews, but was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it has retractable feed teeth?! I'm wanting to do some freehand sewing too!

Thanks all x
  • ...or just if it has a darning plate that comes with it, that would do!
  • Same as Kyresa - just thought I would bump this thread again, to tell you all that this machine is back in to Lidl on Monday 26th September! Also sweet little sewing accessories sets.
    Thanks all x

Don't want anyone who is interested to miss this therefore I thought I had better post to let you know that acccording to my Lidl email this sewing machine is in store on Thursday 22nd, maybe it's different dates in each area, hence why you have to put in your postcode.
    http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/SID-3078E8FC-DD222515/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=24380

HTH FiFi :)
    If you find any post helpful, please click the thanks button! :T
    I survived the M8 snowjam 6/12/10 - 17 hrs to get home :snow_grin

Brought: To Bring! Bought: To Buy! ;)
  • i just bought this second hand but have seen it in lidls today and they also have a good deal on the sets of sewing accessories
  • I bought it when it was last on, as my 23 year old Toyota had just given up the ghost! I am very impressed with it. Does just what it says, and it has a free arm (which my old one didn't have)
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• I bought this today, although Lidl customer service had to ring around a few stores to see if they had any. Quite a few stores had sold out as, apparently, people had been queuing from 8.00 am this morning for them. I saw that it had a 3 year guarantee so was impressed with that. I'd been toying for a couple of years now whether or not to take up sewing again, after many redundant years, and was trying to get the Mr T machine, but no joy there. So I figured if people were queuing up, it must be good and at £60, it's a good buy, although not as good as the Mr T one but I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
    Virgin CC £1,738.84 Barclays O/D £32,012.24
    Total debt £33,751.08 as at 2.1.13
    Short term goal - pay off Virgin CC by end of Jan 2013:eek:
  • Woohoo, I went late last night and they had one sitting out and I got it :j. The women in my craft group recommended it and I can't wait to try it, but I have a meeting tonight so will have to wait until the kids go to bed tomorrow night :( so another 26 hrs for me.

The crafty women were saying that having an overlocker was good, but I've no idea what that means.

The instruction booklet is very clear showing pictures of everything.

Happy sewing everyone :j
    "A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others" Barnyard the children's film.

"A wise man hears one word, but understands two" Cars 2
  • Did anyone buy the Lidl/Silvercrest overlocker? Last time I went to buy one they'd sold out but saw them back in stock today so will probably go straight after work tomorrow to pick one up before they disappear!

Can't find any reviews online though... I've wanted one for years but will only use it occasionally. Don't want to waste my money on a rubbish one :D
  • Is it worth getting this or the ls 2125 brother at £69.99 at hobbycraft. My mil is going to buy me a first sewing machine and doesnt know which is better. TIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure