Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Comments

• custardy wrote: »
    People need to realise. Most posties dont care about the survey.
    Test letters are going through the network in many forms.
    Most IME couldnt tell a test letter from normal mail.

I'm pretty sure my postmistress knows - she seems me dropping things in the postbox, and I come in with odd cubes to post and she's actually stopped asking me what I'm posting any more (and she's a stickler) and if her assistant serves me and starts to doubt if the cube is a small parcel, twice now the postmistress has glanced up, saw it was me, and said it was fine. What gave me away, I'm sure, is when I started posting my eBay parcels covered in first class stamps, and now I go in to get the extra 12p added on, which is pretty odd :rotfl:

I think it totally depends on the community you live in, and how well your postie and post office staff know you.
    Comper and general cheapskate :)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm pretty sure my postmistress knows - she seems me dropping things in the postbox, and I come in with odd cubes to post and she's actually stopped asking me what I'm posting any more (and she's a stickler) and if her assistant serves me and starts to doubt if the cube is a small parcel, twice now the postmistress has glanced up, saw it was me, and said it was fine. What gave me away, I'm sure, is when I started posting my eBay parcels covered in first class stamps, and now I go in to get the extra 12p added on, which is pretty odd :rotfl:

I think it totally depends on the community you live in, and how well your postie and post office staff know you.

Yup,but they aren't posties. Think about it,why would a postie care?
    They go out and put what mail you have through your door. test letter or not it doesnt matter, as long as its delivered.
  • Is there a way to find out a postbox code online?

I used a new one today and forgot to write it down. Tell me I don't have to go back out in the rain!
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    is there a way to find out a postbox code online?

I used a new one today and forgot to write it down. Tell me i don't have to go back out in the rain!
    aninymoose wrote: »
    you can search on manage my postbox tab, register a new posting method, select postbox next, click on search for post box, enter name of street and it will show you all the post boxes in your area with that street name. Pick the one that matches. Hth
    ◙ ◙ ◙ ◙ ◙ ◙ ◙ ◙ ◙ ◙
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • Thank you! My only issue is that I know where it is, but the system doesn't believe there's a postbox there. I'll have to take the dog out again!
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,428
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

Not really, I've been doing this for years.

Ever since I "invested" in about £300 worth of stamps when they were well less than half the price they are today, taking advantage of a 5% discount on their face value at the time from Superdrug (and similar 7% & 8% savings at Costco & Makro) just before they were all increasing in price by 15% to 20%.

I've used loads of them and still have about £500 worth left :rotfl:

Just sent a calendar & Xmas card "package" to Australia that had a combination of ALL the standard NVI stamps (1st & 2nd in both "normal" AND Large Letter formats) plus some oddments of 1p, 2p & 5p stamps to make up the exact amount required.

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thank you! My only issue is that I know where it is, but the system doesn't believe there's a postbox there. I'll have to take the dog out again!

try the roads near/intersecting.
    often boxes are tagged to nearby roads or have been moved and retained the old street name.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,428
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you! My only issue is that I know where it is, but the system doesn't believe there's a postbox there. I'll have to take the dog out again!

Any chance it's on (or near to) a corner/junction of two streets and you think it's on one but it's actually recorded against the other?

I have one like this, physically located on ABC Road but listed as XYZ Street (which is only feet away) possibly to specifically identify this one because there is another box also on ABC Road about a mile away.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Well I had a letter today with a post it note stuck on saying where and when to post it easy enough to make a mistake though
  • jonty03
    jonty03 Posts: 692
    First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning :hello:
    Has anyone received a golden smart yet? Are they a definite bright gold colour or more of a bronzy-gold?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport