Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone, I hope that you have all enjoyed the weekend!

@Steve1500 - I am afraid that we simply are not able to assist you in requesting this amount via Clubcard points and I am sorry that on this occasion we have not been able to surprise you with an alternative. As Matt has mentioned though we will be sure to look into these notes and that any restrictions are available to view by all members in scenarios such as these.

@youngretired - I am sorry to hear the issues that your sister is experiencing and would be happy to take a look into this for her, so that I can do this though could you ask her to email me at MSE@topcashback.co.uk with the email address that she uses for TopCashback? Hopefully we can get a better idea of the situation here then and get this resolved.

@CHRISSYG - The offers that each cashback site have will vary and sometimes our rates may be higher, or another day it could be Quidco that has that bit more cashback on offer, however we do offer our highest cashback guarantee claim meaning that we are able to match any higher rates that you see on the same date of purchase if you complete your purchase through us.

@mhoc - We do ask that you allow a further 4 weeks from the estimate as these are only estimates that we are able to provide, if in a further 4 weeks time this is not payable for you, please get in touch on a support ticket using the other category and we can look into this further for you in regards to being able to request this via Clubcard points.

Have a great evening!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    WHOOHOO

7 months since I lodged my claim for an ARGOS Fast-track transaction made through TopCashback's system, which TCB then verified the purchase I'd made...but then guess what?

They didn't pay their advertised rate of cashback, only a fraction of it appeared in my account...strange since they confirmed the transaction had gone through them...so here I am 7 months later after "exhaustive" attempts by the wonderful customer service team to persuade either ARGOS or their "affiliate" to pay me the money owed on a CONFIRMED transaction using TopCashback's systems....

AND I APPEAR NOT TO BE THE ONLY ONE RIPPED OFF BY ARGOS (yes I am shouting) it looks like "enhanced" cashback deals seem to fail quite often on TCB....and they will want to blame EVERYONE but themselves for the shoddy way in which THEY treat their customers...so I'll await the stock platitudes that everyone will see posted....I think it's gone on so long now, they're scared to actually come back on here and tell me after their gargantuan efforts I won't be getting paid...

WELL FOR ANY PROSPECTIVE TCB USERS OUT THERE....THIS IS A DEAL CREATED BY TCB, ADVERTISED BY TCB, TRACKED BY TCB and even after all that NOT PAID OR SORTED BY TCB.
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • wolfers
    wolfers Posts: 246 Forumite
    It is clear from the reviews on TCB's site that TCB and Sky Digital are scamming customers -- offering large cashback promises but simply not paying out.

My cashback was confirmed in March yet my dashboard still says I should wait 26 weeks for payment. That's SIX MONTHS.

It's just ridiculous.

Are TCB actually trying to do anything about this, or do they simply not care about customers.

I note that Sky Digital and TCB are still advertising high cashback rates on the site, despite not actually paying out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

@CHRISSYG - The offers that each cashback site have will vary and sometimes our rates may be higher, or another day it could be Quidco that has that bit more cashback on offer, however we do offer our highest cashback guarantee claim meaning that we are able to match any higher rates that you see on the same date of purchase if you complete your purchase through us.

Why would I even bother to ask you to match the cashback when I have been given misleading info about my insurance cashback and my energy switch still isn't showing. Its just not worth the effort .
    Once IF EVER the outstanding monies become payable I will not use TCB again.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    The 'exclusive' TalkMobile rate that is being promoted today isn't tracking correctly as it going through at a lower rate.

E-mail from TCB: '
    clear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
    Talkmobile exclusive: £16.50 cashback on SIM only!‏'

But it tracked at:
    £15.00 £0.12 £12.62
    It should have tracked at 15.00! TCB you always seem to have problems with your 'exclusives..'??
    Hey everyone,

@mamabuddah - Behind the scenes we are working hard on this. Going by your previous comments, I understand there is nothing further I or any member of the team can say in order for you to believe this until the merchant takes the action to pays us and I hope this is soon. I am therefore afraid we are not able to provide any different information to what has already been given. If you have any other queries please be sure to let me know.

@wolfers - The time a merchant takes to pay us is something above our control which can also be proven by other cashback sites seen with a similar estimated payable speed for the same merchant across other cashback. Of course we regularly work hard with the networks and merchants and explain the advantages to having shorter payout speeds but they also have to balance with this with the high rates of cashback. A balance always has to be struck.

We believe the best course of action to take is so alert our members about the expected payout speed which you can see on nearly all merchant pages on the right hand side of their page.

@CHRISSYG - I understand your point, but I do feel it's only fair to explain that the same issues you have with us can also happen on other sites as it's the actual commission tracking your having issues with. As well as matching other sites and their rates we also have bonus payouts and other great perks of being with us.

@bxboards - Do you mind sending me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can check up on this transaction for you?

Many thanks,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • devil_tez
    devil_tez Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    TCB will just fob you off with excuses about it's the merchants fault when it is them that made the promise and should fulfill it. I have a claim from Oct 2014 which I am still trying to fight with TCB to no avail, It doesn't matter what you do, social media, claims on their site, posting on here, they will never give you the money they owe you.
    Hi devil_tez,

I am really sorry you feel like that. We do explain to our members what cashback is and that it can only be paid once it is paid to us. This is one of the key reasons we display average payout speeds on a merchant page which you can see before purchasing a transaction. We will always pay out cashback that is awarded to us for your transaction but what we wont do is pay you money we ourselves wont be paid. This ensures fairness across the board. Sometimes cashback isn't paid and this is normally down to the cashback eligibility not being met, whether this is down to the transaction not meeting the criteria or us not being related back as the last referrer. We can try all we can but ultimately if we're not eligible for the commission it means we wont be paid it.

I will happily look into your transaction for you, but please bear in mind we can't overturn a cashback network if they have made a final decision. You can contact me via the email mse@topcashback.co.uk

Many thanks,
    Matt
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,090 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    @ devil_tez

Who are the merchant involved?
  • mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    @devil_tez
    1) out of curiosity, which merchant has ripped you off ?

2) did you ever think TCB have strung you out this long 'cos they haven't the brass neck at this stage to tell you (and thousands of other MSE users) that they are not going to pay you, but in fact they are just hoping you will lie down, roll over and disappear?

I sort of understand when TCB say they can only pay out when they receive it...but...

they advertised the enhanced ARGOS payment for me
    they processed the ARGOS transaction through their systems for me
    they confirmed the ARGOS transaction for me
    they shortchanged me on a confirmed ARGOS transaction

so you would think they would have a great legitimate case to pursue members money yet....they seem powerless....either that or as the poster above has said...they don't give a toss and don't really care.

In my case ARGOS have ripped me off and TopCashback don't appear to have any clout when it comes to dealing with these unscrupulous rip-off merchants they deal with.
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback