Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Comments

• MasterPoo
    MasterPoo Posts: 787
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    9 days until our 2 wk med cruise on board the island princess!!

I've definitely got holiday envy seeing some of the photos and itineraries on here!!

So far this year we've been skiing in Bulgaria, long weekend in Guernsey, 2 weeks in Spain (Alicante and Granada), a long weekend camping in the Peak District and a long weekend in Madrid. The cruise will probably be our final holiday this year although I'll try and get something else in if I can!!!!

Last year we spent a month in India- this time last year we were at the Taj Mahal. Highly recommend it

Lisa, do come back and tell us all about it! What is your itinerary for the med cruise? What excursions have you got planned? It will be interesting to hear about the ship as well?
  • LisaLou1982
    LisaLou1982 Posts: 1,264
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    edited 4 October 2015 at 9:26AM
    Thanks MP! I will do!! This is the cruise itinirary.

Venice -> Venice -> Cruising -> Cruising -> Istanbul -> Mykonos -> Athens (Piraeus) -> Cruising -> Naples -> Corsica (Ajaccio) -> Toulon -> Florence (Livorno) -> Rome (Civitavecchia)

I can't wait!! We also have 2 nights in Rome at the end.

This will be our first long cruise. We did one for 5 days 2 years ago from Florida to the Bahamas which was lovely but not really long enough to get into it.
    This time we have booked for mum and uncle to come with us (a thank you for all they do for me) and have got balcony cabins at 50% off in the sale on the best deck in the recommended cabins on cruise critic so I am thrilled with my bargain!! It works out at £71pppn inc flights and the hotel at the end :).

We haven't got any excursions planned. I tend to like exploring on my own and feedback from people who have been to the ports has generally been that it is very easy to get around on your own.

I wish I'd found this thread before. It's a great motivator to get new places booked!! We have got a week in Skye at Easter and a week in the Lake District booked next October. OH is going on a boys trip to Canada to see a friend in January. I'm debating a New York trip the same week with my mum who loves New York and I know is dying to go back but not sure if I have enough holiday left at work!!! we are currently looking into booking our summer holiday for next year but are unsure on destination. Hopefully a family will come along for us in the next year or 2 so we are trying to get the unchild friendly destinations out of the way first (purely selfish you understand!!!) hence the month in India last year....and I stand by my thoughts that I wouldn't want to travel India with a baby!!
    £2 Savers Club #156! :)
    Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016! :j
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Thanks MP! I will do!! This is the cruise itinirary.

Venice -> Venice -> Cruising -> Cruising -> Istanbul -> Mykonos -> Athens (Piraeus) -> Cruising -> Naples -> Corsica (Ajaccio) -> Toulon -> Florence (Livorno) -> Rome (Civitavecchia)

I can't wait!! We also have 2 nights in Rome at the end.

This will be our first long cruise. We did one for 5 days 2 years ago from Florida to the Bahamas which was lovely but not really long enough to get into it.
    This time we have booked for mum and uncle to come with us (a thank you for all they do for me) and have got balcony cabins at 50% off in the sale on the best deck in the recommended cabins on cruise critic so I am thrilled with my bargain!! It works out at £71pppn inc flights and the hotel at the end :).

We haven't got any excursions planned. I tend to like exploring on my own and feedback from people who have been to the ports has generally been that it is very easy to get around on your own.

I wish I'd found this thread before. It's a great motivator to get new places booked!! We have got a week in Skye at Easter and a week in the Lake District booked next October. OH is going on a boys trip to Canada to see a friend in January. I'm debating a New York trip the same week with my mum who loves New York and I know is dying to go back but not sure if I have enough holiday left at work!!! we are currently looking into booking our summer holiday for next year but are unsure on destination. Hopefully a family will come along for us in the next year or 2 so we are trying to get the unchild friendly destinations out of the way first (purely selfish you understand!!!) hence the month in India last year....and I stand by my thoughts that I wouldn't want to travel India with a baby!!

I think a month long trip with a baby in India is similar to sticking toothpicks in ones eyes! I've never been to India but I would not want to travel with under 14s on a month long holiday. My moody 14 year old !!!!es me off when he starts sulking then I leave him in the hotel room, one can't exactly do that with a toddler or 8 year old! I hear you!:beer:

The other down side about having children (I promise there are positives to having kids :eek:) is you have to travel during expensive school holidays. I am counting down until I can travel during term time, can't bloody wait!:beer:

I vote for NYC in Jan, you might as well!

I think when you eventually do have babies, opt for short haul holidays.

What are your options for Summer 16?

Loving the cruise itinerary btw, please take pix of cabin and bathroom for me. It is my one deciding factor when booking a cruise:eek:
  • tabata
    tabata Posts: 13 Forumite
    Lisalou, how did you manage to get it at that price, who did you book it through and did you book ages ago? sorry for all the questions but i never seem to get a bargain holiday..
  • LisaLou1982
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    I think a month long trip with a baby in India is similar to sticking toothpicks in ones eyes! I've never been to India but I would not want to travel with under 14s on a month long holiday. My moody 14 year old !!!!es me off when he starts sulking then I leave him in the hotel room, one can't exactly do that with a toddler or 8 year old! I hear you!:beer:

The other down side about having children (I promise there are positives to having kids :eek:) is you have to travel during expensive school holidays. I am counting down until I can travel during term time, can't bloody wait!:beer:

I vote for NYC in Jan, you might as well!

I think when you eventually do have babies, opt for short haul holidays.

What are your options for Summer 16?

Loving the cruise itinerary btw, please take pix of cabin and bathroom for me. It is my one deciding factor when booking a cruise:eek:

Haha yes I think certainly more European destinations will be on the cards if little uns come along altho lots of my friends are cruising more now that they have families as they find it V easy :)

I'll definitely take photos of the cabin and report back for you :)

With regards to summer 16- the world is our oyster! I think we will prob have a good chat about it over the next 4 to 6 weeks and try n get something booked. Maybe China? I've not been there but oh has and he loved it. Or potentially Vietnam or Thailand. Any suggestions?
    Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016! :j
  • LisaLou1982
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    tabata wrote: »
    Lisalou, how did you manage to get it at that price, who did you book it through and did you book ages ago? sorry for all the questions but i never seem to get a bargain holiday..

Hi tabata

I booked at the end of June this year so not that long ago. It was through Cruise Nation who had a sale on. Tbh I didn't have much time to do research as I didn't really know what I wanted but had seen good results for Princess and liked the itinerary so thought why not?!

I used cruise critic and someone on there said if you could get a balcony for £70pppn then that was a good price so as I was on the phone booking I was quickly scouring the cabin reviews and asked for the cabins on dolphin deck as they had the best reviews. If I'd gone for a cabin on a different deck or different type I'd have definitely got the cruise cheaper but I fancied a bit of luxury!

I think the cheapest inside cabins were 470pp so about £1200 in total for 2 people Inc taxes etc. It's certainly ly possible to get some fantastic deals if you're flexible with both dates and itinerary
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    tabata wrote: »

I have some how managed to get emails for "Left over cruise cabins", unclear how I've started getting these emails, but I know that I must've signed up to an email off the cruise.co.uk site. Check out this link http://www.cruisedirect.co.uk/last-minute-cruises
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Haha yes I think certainly more European destinations will be on the cards if little uns come along altho lots of my friends are cruising more now that they have families as they find it V easy :)

I'll definitely take photos of the cabin and report back for you :)

With regards to summer 16- the world is our oyster! I think we will prob have a good chat about it over the next 4 to 6 weeks and try n get something booked. Maybe China? I've not been there but oh has and he loved it. Or potentially Vietnam or Thailand. Any suggestions?

I'm dying to visit more of the East. I've penciled in China, Japan and Oz for 2017 over 4 weeks. I have a few Vietnamese friends and I can't wait to visit Vietnam. Thailand is a good option, nice and cheap too. DO IT DO IT DO IT :rotfl:
  • LisaLou1982
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    I'm dying to visit more of the East. I've penciled in China, Japan and Oz for 2017 over 4 weeks. I have a few Vietnamese friends and I can't wait to visit Vietnam. Thailand is a good option, nice and cheap too. DO IT DO IT DO IT :rotfl:

Wow!! that sounds an incredible itinerary!! Thats a lot to fit into 4 weeks tho....3 countries in one trip?! or will you do them all for 3 separate 4 week trips?

1 work day to go until our holidays! yay!! :)
  • Wow!! that sounds an incredible itinerary!! Thats a lot to fit into 4 weeks tho....3 countries in one trip?! or will you do them all for 3 separate 4 week trips?

1 work day to go until our holidays! yay!! :)

When do you leave?

Nope, we will be doing all those in one holiday, thats just how we roll! :eek::cool: We did 6 flights, 3 Countries, 4 destinations in 18 days over Easter, so 4 weeks 3 countries is totally doable me thinks?!?!?!

Happy Holidays Lisa!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport