Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Anon wrote: »
    I know, I had a bit of an argument with the till :D.

Will try another store as may just have him on a faulty till.

I am sure someone can confirm if it does work in T please ...

Anon

Yes it should work in T's Anon, I was with emerald when she used it in there. I haven't taken part myself as my current phone is not compatible :(
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 November 2017 at 12:28AM
    Well that was lucky. I did two shops earlier, one against M and one against T. On one of them I bought Bakewell Slices and Country Slices and the mix and match against M wasn't picked up. It compared against M at £1.60 each:(. However, all was well as I was comparing against T on that shop and they got £1 each there:).

On the other shop, against M, I bought Bakewell Slices and Almond Slices and the M mix and match was picked up:):rotfl:.

1x Mr Kipling Almond Slices (6pk) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Mr Kipling Bakewell Slices (6pk) £1.00 £1.00:T

(But only :T due to the M mix and match being picked up on the right shop. Almond and Bakewell don't quite work against T as Almond are full price in T. As mentioned above, Bakewell and Country are £1 each in T one of each doesn't work against M:rotfl:. This suggests two Bakewell Slices packs might work against M but two Country Slices probably return full price each or else they work separately but have been put in a different offer from the Bakewell Slices on the system.)

4x Crosse & Blackwell Best of British Winter Vegetable Soup (400g) £4.28 £3.00

1x ASDA Smart Price 10 Fish Fingers (250g) £0.75 £0.60:rotfl:
    Very strange how they have suddenly got 60p for M (unless all my Ms are hiding a price reduction back to their original price from me). I suspect this is now available all of half a day and will update to 65p tomorrow.

1x Cadbury Swiss Gateau (each) £2.50 £2.75:(:mad:

I guess you can't have everything. You win some and you lose some. I managed to get about 3p off A's price:(, but not for £1.80 - would have been better to have bought one in M for £2. However, I couldn't find them in any of my Ms earlier:rotfl:. I know - I should open my eyes (probably looking in the wrong aisle, maybe I should be concentrating on the Christmas aisle as they say "festive" on them, probably the only difference to regular ones available all the rest of the year:rotfl:, and I did have a limited number of Ms). I suspect the 47p extra cost is less than the cost of travelling to another M:cool:.

I bought four of the Crosse & Blackwell (not because I thought the mix and match was risky but because it is the only variety I really like) and one Heinz soup for some reason:huh:. Same comparison on that against T.

This time my shop vs T fully worked. I should shop trying comparisons against M:rotfl:.
  • mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Well its been a strange day but my decision has been made

I am really struggling with back pain which consultant says there is not much they can do. Thats fine and it will be less problematic if I don’t have to be at work ��

On Monday the owner was in a foul mood , again, and decided to vent at me. I have decided to play his game for two weeks as we get a Christmas bonus which I will process on 15 December then I am off. I will retire.

It is good to be able to do that.

Hi MrsMac, sorry you're having a rough time at work but it's great you are able to call the shots. :T:T
    I live on the opposite of Glasgow from you so maybe once you're free we can meet up. I'm about the same age, retired but no state pension yet :(:(

Hope you can last for the next 2 weeks!!
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :D Delightful bed time for twins supposedly sleeping in their cots :rotfl::rotfl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ximy_zn-XQU
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    24296613_1673357649389817_1370068366556870459_n.png?oh=2f93edc8bdf94e536edbe8476c223069&oe=5A994F39
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I finally got Android Pay working after switching the phone off and switching back on again :D. 1 free coke and 9 prize draw entries after all that effort! Better than nothing but I expect a much better return on my investment over the days ahead :).

Anon
  • Nellie35 wrote: »
    Yes it should work in T's Anon, I was with emerald when she used it in there. I haven't taken part myself as my current phone is not compatible :(

Mine isnt either Nellie iphone, nor the mini samsung my brother gave :(
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    24296613_1673357649389817_1370068366556870459_n.png?oh=2f93edc8bdf94e536edbe8476c223069&oe=5A994F39

:rotfl: That is sooo funny!!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Anon wrote: »
    I finally got Android Pay working after switching the phone off and switching back on again :D. 1 free coke and 9 prize draw entries after all that effort! Better than nothing but I expect a much better return on my investment over the days ahead :).

Anon
    How did you manage 10 shops, did you just take 10 items to the self checkout, or in and out of store?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 November 2017 at 1:18AM
    davemorton wrote: »
    Excellent. I am just trying to install android pay. Give me a full review when you get back please.
    Read T&C, and it does look like we have to wait for 30 days BEFORE claiming for the cashback.
    After cashback, and selling the phone, there is about £30 profit, should have bought 3 ;)

Just be careful as the limit is three devices per person/household and each needs a phone to trade in. The CPW T&Cs don’t mention it but the Alcatel T&Cs say it has to be a working smart phone/feature phone to qualify.

If you have the phones available though it could be a reasonable profit even if just trading in to CEX :).

HTH

Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family