Advice on filling in Form for DLA please

Comments

• Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi yes we were awarded extra money and it came within less than a week which is very very quick for them. I am puzzled as to how it works out as I can never understand WFTC and CTC. All I know is that I was told be DLA people to inform them and when I did they said we may get extra money, I think part of the award is backdated but it only goes back as far as October on my daughters case and not in Feb07 when I made the claim for DLA.

I never trust the tax people because I have had to pay money back before for other payment even when it was there own mistake as my circumstances hadnt changed, this is the first time it has for many years
  • if its for yourself, again tell them about the dla, and again you get disability tax credits on top of working tax credit[/quote]

Thanks for this. I'll look into the situation. The DLA is for myself. However, I'm unable to work so guess I won't receive any disability element - given that I'm not entitled to WTC in itself - unless you know differently! I did become ill whilst in work.
    Much Appreciated!
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913
    Forumite
    The DLA element we get is for my daughter the tax credits are for us, you cant received tax credit unless you work 16 hours per week James

It might be best to get some advice I am no expert on benefits/tax just sharing what I have come across over recent weeks in case others didn't no

Got my daughter a free bus pass today so she can travel free across the county with me or OH for free. Next year its free nationwide so I been told
  • shazrobo
    shazrobo Posts: 3,313 Forumite
    james, if your getting dla for yourself and nobody is claiming carer's allowance for you, and your on income support, they will increase the level of income support, again i think they call it a disability premium
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • OK ... thanks! Not on income support, just DLA and IB. It's a fun old game this.
    Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Fun old game indeed!!

Am blown away by the amount of advice received. Many thanks all.
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • yes i agree thye second descision can be good i got mine tht way even tho its hard i would say to fill the form out on your worse day then the pain is very real they r a nightmare mine is due up in july and i am worrying about it even tho ive had it for 5 yrs now but if u dont get it first time never give up i hardly know any one who got it first time CAB i have heard are good i have never used them but will this time see if i can get it first time for once. keep fighting and good luck
  • sunnyone
    sunnyone Posts: 4,716
    Forumite
    yes i agree thye second descision can be good i got mine tht way even tho its hard i would say to fill the form out on your worse day then the pain is very real they r a nightmare mine is due up in july and i am worrying about it even tho ive had it for 5 yrs now but if u dont get it first time never give up i hardly know any one who got it first time CAB i have heard are good i have never used them but will this time see if i can get it first time for once. keep fighting and good luck

You have commited benefit fraud, you cant fill in the form based on your worst days, people like you make it worse for the rest of disabled people.
  • dseventy
    dseventy Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Don't fill the form in based on your worst days!

It needs to be a typical day.

D70
    How about no longer being masochistic?
    How about remembering your divinity?
    How about unabashedly bawling your eyes out?
    How about not equating death with stopping?
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    However, there's nothing to stop you saying "on better days...", "on average days..", "on worst days..."

Has anyone else looked at the date of this thread?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family