cash for clothes companies

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,612 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    macsimba wrote: »
    There is one based in Bedford., or you can google it Fortune International Ltd., their phone no. is 01234 347272 they also pay cash for your unwated clothing, shoes, books, bric or brac

i was paid 85 pounds and was shocked to receive such a huge money for unwanted items!

At 45p a kilo for clothes you must have had nearly 190 kilos of clothes. That's an awful lot of clothes, it's the weight of 3 average size women!
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • shipr!!!95 wrote: »
    i spent 10 minutes sorting through my ds wardrobe on wednesday. Filled 2 bin bags (clothes)and 2 small carrier bags (shoes)...took them to my local clothes recycling centre.....parker dr, leicester.

He weighed them at 10.5kg and i was given £5.25 (50p per kg)

i am going to venture into the loft this week....i may even get enough to buy some christmas pressies.

I was told they take sheets, towels, shoes, handbags as well as clothes.
    They also pay 10p per kg for books and toys.

Not bad for 10 minutes work.....and a slight detour to mr t's:p

hi do you have a phone number.. For the parker drive recycling centre.???
  • Linda16
    Linda16 Posts: 9 Forumite
    I took some unwanted/outgrown clothes/shoes/bags and belts to a shop in our town, he weighed it and paid us 50p a kilo.
    There are lots of them now you can check them out for your local shop at webuyanyclothing.com
  • have had a huge sort out, not sure if a lot is ebayable so googled some companies that pay per kilo.

they want good quality sellable clothes, how much do they check the clothes if they just weigh them at the door?

anyone used such companies or can recommend any, i am in the south east would prefer pick up.
    thanks

You can try direct line recycling on 07438627652.They pay up to 40£ a bag .

Hope this helps
  • jenhug
    jenhug Posts: 2,277 Forumite
    i was thinking of trying phil the bag as they are local to me. DOes anyone have any experience of them?
    http://www.philthebag.co.uk/
  • Far better to give anything worthwhile to a recognised charity...Rags for cash is fine but come on people for the money involved show a little charity
  • lincroft1710
    maggimoo wrote: »
    Far better to give anything worthwhile to a recognised charity...Rags for cash is fine but come on people for the money involved show a little charity

Although I can see your point, it is obvious from reading the posts on this board, that there are people who do need to up their income from whatever legitimate source. Not everyone can afford to pass up opportunities to make a bit extra, however small.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Be wary of cash for clothes or clothes for cash. They come and pickclothes up they then say they will pay you but I didnt get any money. They then said I would need to pay £20 to get themback.Con. Never let your clothes go without getting money first. I trusted them.
    :footie:
  • lincroft1710
    Jannet wrote: »

They do purchase books

and according to their ad in a local paper give you a whole 2 pence per kilo, so you'd have to take 50 kilos just to get £1.
  • new
    Has anyone used LMR -rags to riches ? Their ads are in the Brum buses. Would like to get feedback - could only find comments on cash for clothes and some other companies. Wondering which company to use. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure