Radio Times 12 for £1 including the double Christmas issue

Doc_N
Doc_N Posts: 8,267
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 3 October 2016 at 5:26AM in Shop but don't drop
An earlier Radio Times (now £2.30 per issue to buy) had a leaflet with it containing some good offers:

http://www.buysubscriptions.com/summer

Probably the best of the offers is the Radio Times 12 issues for £1, but there are several more good offers on the same link which might do for yourself or Christmas presents.

The Radio Times '12 issues for £1' offer includes the double Christmas issue, so the saving isn't far short of £30 over the 12 issues.

Cancel the direct debit before the second payment of £39 is taken if you choose to, or just let it run (which is what they want, of course). It's still a bargain, even at £39 for 26 issues (£59.80 cover price, even without any price increases).

Quidco or Topcashback will probably even get you your £1 back! :)

Comments

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    When I did it last time a couple of months ago I only received the one and that was that . No mention of cancellation.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    That £1 RT offer has been on for years .
    I pay 52p for TV Choices with all the info but it does lack the RT articles .
  • Doc_N
    Forumite
    emerald21 wrote: »
    When I did it last time a couple of months ago I only received the one and that was that . No mention of cancellation.
    Didn't you chase it up with them? Can't say I've ever had a problem with them.

The offer varies according to the time of year between 6 and 12 copies for £1, but it's never just one! :)
  • Thanks for the reminder, Doc. I was refused the last offer (think I've done too many) so pleased I've been accepted today. Hopefully TCB will come good too.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 30 September 2016 at 3:37PM
    Thanks for the reminder, Doc. I was refused the last offer (think I've done too many) so pleased I've been accepted today. Hopefully TCB will come good too.

I was refused the last offer too. I rang them and was told, 3 strikes and you're out, (you can only apply three times.)

Maybe it's worth another try if you've been accepted. Have you received your confirmation letter of DD?

Ordered and confirmed but that doesn't mean to say it will be accepted.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • :beer: have ordered but as I have never done this before could someone please advise when I should cancel standing order?
  • Doc_N
    Forumite
    lucys_mum wrote: »
    :beer: have ordered but as I have never done this before could someone please advise when I should cancel standing order?
    It's a direct debit they set up, and you need to cancel it with your bank in good time (at least a week) to stop the first £39 payment being taken. You should get a letter or an email showing the actual date. To be on the safe side you should also cancel with buysubscriptions at that point.

There's no reason actually why you shouldn't cancel the DD immediately after the initial £1 has been taken if you choose to - just advise buysubscriptions and ask them to stop after the initial 12 issues.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Didn't you chase it up with them? Can't say I've ever had a problem with them.

The offer varies according to the time of year between 6 and 12 copies for £1, but it's never just one! :)

Hi no I didn t bother as I'd heard of that happening to others . Would like the 12 that include Christmas and New Year though.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,250
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    That £1 RT offer has been on for years .
    I pay 52p for TV Choices with all the info but it does lack the RT articles .

I also now buy the 52p TV Choices, which I think is perfectly okay. OH moans about it because he says you don't get all of the channels that RT has, but too bad.

Last time I took up the RT offer I did actually let the subscription carry on for nearly two years, but then it just got too expensive - they nearly doubled it so I cancelled:eek:
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• I was refused the last offer too. I rang them and was told, 3 strikes and you're out, (you can only apply three times.)

Maybe it's worth another try if you've been accepted. Have you received your confirmation letter of DD?

Ordered and confirmed but that doesn't mean to say it will be accepted.
    Fingers crossed, last time they didn't let me enter any details, just said I had already had the offer. TCB have tracked the £1 already.

Think it's going to be ok.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family