NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Comments

• Hi all,
    Another spend free day today 5/30. After having a clear out of the receipts in my purse I've found two loyalty cards for the canteen at work and combining the stamps I'll get a free meal, so I'm going to treat myself to a free Chinese curry and chips :) I know that tomorrow has the potential to be a spendy day as we have the in-laws over for dinner and grooms suit shopping. Hopefully they won't mind me cooking rather than eating out.

:)
    Little One born 19/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - £144k mortgage, £134k remaining
  • Checking in..day 7/30 .. no spend day today as not leaving the house so 3/18 now..could be better but should have a few no spends coming up over the next few days.
    Yesterday big spend day..even gave into a subway..very naughty! All within our means just less than ideal!
    Hope everyone's enjoying the challenge :)
    Lolly
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Please share your dough ball recipe. Got a massive soup recipe book and will get that out soon again too.

It is exactly the same as a pizza dough, you just roll it into tiny balls and lob it into one of those small cake pop tins - someone gave me one they had forgotten in the back of the cupboard.

Quite handy as I had a jar of strawberry balsamic salad dressing in the back of the fridge so I filled a ramekin with that and floated a bit of olive oil on the top. The kids said it was exactly the same as Pizza Express. If you only have a cupcake tin , oil it and lob them in there, then they are Jumbo dough balls (bigger than a dough ball smaller than a roll).

Fear not the yeast! (I managed to find 2 tins of dried stuff in the fridge door - one will be used up this week)
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    mothernerd wrote: »
    New Knickers - all the old ones can go. I will not have knickers that try to embarrass my in public places.
    :j:j:j:rotfl:
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Today should have been a NSD but wasn't, it was a less than £3 spend day, then I got home and realised I did have just enough stuff in to do the lunches tomorrow.

Did an inventory of the pantry and fridge and freezer and I have more than enough stuff in to do for the next week, as long as I prep properly and don't get lazy. DH is off to Holland for a week at the weekend and I am feeling antsy. Like I have forgotten something. I haven't, but I can't shake the feeling.

So still stuck on 4 NSDs but I have no immediate needs, and as long as I keep away from the shops I should be sorted until Monday
  • Up to 4 NSD's. Pushed weekly shop back to tomorrow as I will have to spend then for planned shopping trip.

Use up - everything is coming from freezer and cupboards if possible. Going to try and limit shop to must haves - cereal, dairy and F&V.

Exercise - lots. Been every day to gym. Just been to Indoor climbing session as our wedding anniversary 'us' time. Got a prepaid Groupon voucher. Ouch. I don't think I'll be doing any weights tomorrow.

Toiletries - decided to postpone make-up replacement. If it's been fine for years, 31 days isn't going to make munch of a difference.

Gratitudes -

1) Us time with husband. 13years married on Monday.
    2) Flexible hours so I could take the time with him when surgery allows.
    3) Counselling session. Reduced some of the permanent fear by putting together a plan for the next week. It left me exhausted though.
    4) My cleaner. I don't have to worry about the kitchen when I get home late tonight after my AA meeting.

Have a lovely evening everyone.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Check in 7/30

Will be another NSD today as haven't been out. Will take out £40 tomorrow for the weeks food so it'll be a spendy day then. Will hopefully also have some posting for eBay bits that are ending tonight.

No exercise :(

No heating on :D

Time for me - have been doing some more crochet, very relaxing!

VB x
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    SFDs - 3/18. -another achieved today :)

Extra monies/ debt repayment - £40 transferred from paypal to kitchen fund

Food - running total £124.80/ £450

Eating up/ using up stuff - yep - more defrosted cooked chicken eaten today! And some hotel sachets of mayo :)

Lunches taken - yep.

Social life - none

Exercise - 2/3 for this week. Nothing formal for today, and fitbit only shows just over 7.5k steps

Beauty - £2.73/ £10

Time for self - still lacking - the perils of a back to school week/ new routines/ broken freezer! :rotfl:

Heating off - yep. Still mild

Gratitudes:
    * DS2 liking his new school
    * DS3 enjoying back to school - despite missing DS2
    * DD having a good time away with boyf - and they are now on the plane home!:T
    * free veggies brought around by my mum from her garden
    * line dried washing
    * prompt paying ebayers!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Day 7
    FurryBeastOz - Wishing you and OH a happy anniversary.
    Number 5 SFD today.
    Also did 20 minutes walking today.
    Read my book on bus and at lunchtime.
    Using up food in cupboards, fridge and freezer. Also still using creams etc I have so no need as yet to buy anything new.
    Brought my lunch into work today.
    Learnt some new things in work on the database. Pleased with that.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I amgrateful for the app that tells me when my bus is due (I had to run the 1/2 mile to the bus, as it was 5mins early!), for catching the bus, for a mild day, for the sights and smells of the market setting up on the High Street, for finding my memory stick at work, for getting my user profile straightened out (for now, at any rate...), for interspersing running and bus travel to get home, for sausage and mash for tea, for the Tim Ferriss books, for my sewing machine.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure