What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 10/07

Comments

• mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Hi guys ..
    I'm back ive had a week away as it's been mental busy but I have been keeping up my debt squashing ways ... Over £900 extra paid of this month (that's not including any usual payments .. Yay)

So today is as follows
    Workouts
    Bake cakes for work tonight
    Do prep for work tonight (might take a wee while)
    Sort dinner for boys so ready to put out as I leave for work.
    Tidy Hoover
    Pack boys bags for there dads this weekend (determined to be one step ahead this week lol)
    Wash bedding .. Put washing line up to hang bedding on lol
    Have a quick look to see if theres anything to ebay .. If so get listed.
    Listings finishing tonight so I need to package and post tomorrow.
    Prep my dinner for tonight so it's ready for me coming in late (I've found this really helps my diet ;) )

I'm sure there will be more but I'm off tomorrow morning so can do any over flow then. ;)

Have a fab day guys .. The sun is shining here in newcastle .. Whoop !
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,610
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone
    Just the usual for me-cat cleaning all done, banking and monies checked. Nice weather today so got a wash on first thing.
    DD picked me up from my meeting last night, wanted to go to asd@ as they've had loads of ends of line bargains, including cat food, hence why I had a big order the other day.
    A lot of items had gone, but did arrive at the right time for YS time.
    I gave FVD a run for her money last night. Picked up Danish pastries (in the freezer ready for when we have to travel to DD sports training) and French sticks for 5p, also a chicken/bacon pasta salad for 10p and 2 packs of turkey sausages for my mum 10p each, packs of large sausage rolls for my mum 10p and an end of line large sensitive washing detergent for £1.50 so pleased with my bags of goodies last night.
    Grocery spends are heading for over budget this month but have really made use of some good offers and end of line purchases, I've got enough cat food to last me for at least a month now, and washing detergent-a couple of months. Apart from fresh veges I won't really need anything else. I am def going to have a go at growing some next year, the fruit and veg you have grown DNMSis amazing,i liked the sound of the blackcurrant preserve

FVD I hope your son's interview goes okay today.
    Well that's about it from me, have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅
  • thanks HK! It's been a lot of work, and to be honest I could probably get more from it if I wasn't so chaotic in my approach! But it is lovely to see if all growing and be eating loads of fresh organic produce :)

Heartily recommend for anyone who has the inclination! x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Thank you all for your good wishes but I got the day wrong, it's tomorrow :o Luckily I realised before we'd left the house but I was up at 7.30am ironing him a shirt and now I have to get up early tomorrow too :rotfl:

As I had some time on my hands I had some leftover strawberries for breakfast this morning before I left. For the fist time ever my YS sandwich smells a bit iffy so I have binned it and am having soup for lunch instead.

I have a small cheque from z@pper to be paid into the bank, I've been waiting for another that I am due from them so I could do them both at the same time but they are soooooo slow, I will never use them again. I've chased up the other this morning so sod's law if i pay this one in today the other will arrive tomorrow.

I was watching what a used copy of the book I've just finished sold for on fleabay and I may as well sell it to WBB if I can scrabble together another couple to get it up to the threshold. A trip to my old office may be in order ;)

I put the bin out a couple of days ago for collection tomorrow but have another couple of half bags that I must remember to put on top tonight. One of them is cat litter and it stinks, I definitely don't want that one hanging around for another two weeks!

I have a pile of washing to be put away and another to be ironed, maybe I'll do it tonight as there's no EastEnders (I'm so sad! :rotfl:)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi all hope everyone is well! I've been a very bad MSE-er :( I'm ashamed to admit it but I've eaten into my maternity savings by £1000 :(

I feel so guilty about it, I feel like I'm stuck in a vicious cycle - staying at home all day with a baby is amazing but also I find it such a long day so I try and get out for a few hours most days, going out ends up in me spending money, sometimes on things we need, which isn't a problem but more often than not its things we don't need, Ive bought clothes and toys for my little man, clothes for me, food (lunches and drinks out) and just c**p that I don't really know what to show for it!

I absolutely cannot go on like this, I need my savings, even more so now!

I need to get back on track, starting tomorrow I need to make some big changes. I'm looking into free groups and activities for my LO at the library etc to get us out of the house, Ive started eating healthily this week in order to lose my baby weight, therefore providing the weather is nice I can go on lots of walks with the pushchair! No buying food or drink out, Ive bought myself a water bottle therefore I will fill this up and take it wherever I go and pop some fruit into my bag!

I also need to get back into my surveys - swagbucks/nectar canvass etc to make a few extra pounds.

Ill also be looking for things I can - take back to shops that are still labelled and I have receipts for, pop things on ebay and post to FB selling pages.

I also pledge to post on this thread everyday (time permitting with a 7 month old!).

I hope everyone is ok and getting on ok! :) x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,419
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 July 2017 at 4:56PM
    Afternoon all :)
    Sports day at little GD's preschool today, and the lovely teachers made sure everyone got a medal :) Brought her back here afterwards so that her mum could go back to work. She wanted to go camping in our camper van, but as we only had a few hours we compromised by letting her play in it for a while :rotfl:

Apart from that, I have:
    Leftovers for breakfast
    Tidied the kitchen
    Mended the dress I ripped the other day. Doesn't really show (despite my very limited sewing skills) as it is near the hem on the side, and is a loose fitting style. Also sewed a button on the cuff of a blouse as I had the sewing box out. Also ironed both garments :eek:
    Did some surveys
    Sorted out receipts, vouchers etc in my bag, and got rid of the out of date ones
    New electric coolbox for camper van came today, so tested it to make sure it is ok - it seems fine :) No more camping purchases envisaged :D

And that is about it so far :o

Still to do:
    More leftovers for dinner, macaroni cheese from yesterday - I will cook some fresh veg to go with it though!
    Water anything that needs it - won't be much as we had a lot of rain :) Some of the big pots might need some though!
    Pick more French beans
    Pick spinach, wash and debug it
    Pick any blueberries, cherries, loganberries and tomatoes that are ready :)
    Check for more surveys

Your produce looks amazing DNMS :D I used to have a big plot too, but have to make do with a tiny one now :( So I make it a personal challenge to see how much I can grow in it :D

And Katy Ann, ((hugs)) stay here with us and we will soon get you back on track :) Good idea to find some free/ cheap things to do with your little one. Are there any mum and toddler groups near you? Walks to parks and feeding ducks are good :D Swimming needn't be too expensive, if you enjoy it, most pools have mum and baby sessions.
    I remember that cabin fever feeling with little ones, the important thing is to get out, but it doesn't have to involve spending, especially when they are too little yet to ask for things. Picnics seem to be very popular, just a blanket to sit on, drinks and a snack or sandwich. GD (who is 3) likes it if we take the plastic plates and cups too, but your LO wouldn't worry about that yet :)
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Evening all,

It's been a long emotional day. Youngest DS and GF are on their way to Australia for a year. He's our youngest boy (we have 4 kids) and it feels so terribly strange without him and his noise and clutter.
    It will be fine , I know, but at the moment feel like I've had my arm cut off.
    Anyway we are going to concentrate on getting the house ready for selling. We are currently fitting a new kitchen on a miniscule budget , other than that just a few painting jobs and hope to have it on the market by September.
    Todays jobs included
    -checking the bank
    -posting ebay parcels
    -making a chinese style meal for tea from the freezer and store cupboards, really really fancied a takeaway but managed to resist.
    -I'm currently looking for a few bits to help finish the house including a bedroom chair and a couple of throws for the bed. I also need a lamp shade for one room and a couple of bedside lamps, will be checking out the charity shops.
    -DH has gone off to exercise so I shall go and have a bath and start a new book. Managed to get three from my favourite author today for 1.50.
    Have a good evening all x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • FatVonD
    Forumite
    edited 12 July 2017 at 9:21PM
    Katy Ann, what's done is done, taking back anything you have receipts for (I'm always doing this with impulse buys!) sounds like a good idea, you just need to focus on getting better habits going forward.

Your little man will soon be old enough for toddler groups, check if you have a sure start centre near you, some sessions are invitation only but they have all sorts. The ones run by churches I always found were good, even though I am not religious, we went to a different one every day! They all offered different things, one had a manic room with ride on toys but then a quieter one with play dough etc, another did singing and had a table all set up with bread and sandwich filling, yoghurts, salad etc for you to make your child lunch there. For a pound or two they get to meet other kids, you get a cup of tea and biscuits and you get to meet other mums, you will soon make friends with people with kids the same age. Be bold and be the first to extend an invitation to others and then before you know it he has a little bunch of friends!

During the school summer holidays our local council used to put on free events (I was still living in Croydon then) at a different park each day (puppet shows etc.), yours may do something similar, maybe check out their website? I also used to visit the big pet shop lots to look at the animals and fish with mine.

He'll be much more active soon and your life will get much more social.

PS Nearly forgot, once they were a little bigger we used to take them to IKEA and put them in the free (supervised!) soft play bit and just go to the cafe for coffee instead of shopping!

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    Forumite
    £7.67 trade on WBB and my first NSD in just about forever!

Dinner tonight was some YS Thai green curry from the freezer with muffins made from the tiny wild strawberries for pudding so I have freed up a little bit of space in the freezer. Last night I reheated something I'd batch cooked and if we have spag Bol tomorrow night I can make it three nights running of eating from the freezer!

I declined an invitation to someone's leaving drinks tonight not just because it was money saving but because I'm miserable like that :D I really do prefer my own company or just a small group of people I know and like, life is too short to be making small talk.

Hope you all are having a lovely evening :)

• Morning :) opps I've overslept and true to form I'm drinking coffee rather than springing to action!

katy try not to worry about what is done. You can recupe some over spend by cutting back in other areas. when madam came to us I was out of work and hardly any income. I only went to free activities with her. Now she wants everything so it was a wise move x

Julie, hugs x

things for today:

* madam's lunch made
    * me and oh having lo couscous and fruit
    * take note of mileage
    * work hard, don't chat and get through what I need to!
    * water greenhouse veggies
    * hang out washing
    * all meals from stores

That's all! Better get a move on!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing