What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 10/07

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,610
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning everyone
    No energy here today and the weather is miserable. Need to start the cat cleaning in a minute so if anyone has any energy please throw some my way......even the cats have gone back to bed:o!!
    Banking checked first thing
    Just checked quidco and cashed out an amount that will pay for an expensive pair of hiking socks for my uncle for Christmas. Really pleased as he gets about the only thing he ever wants and I haven't had to pay a small fortune for them:j
    Now saving again for a pair for my niece
    Not a lot planned for today, some paperwork this morning, just going to get some of my bargain turkey steaks out to make a meal later on when DD back from sports training, also want to hoover upstairs.
    Purse staying firmly shut today.
    Small meeting tonight but hopefully a fairly relaxed day.
    That sounds great going LaE with your mortgage and the sketchers.....hopefully no one will tell my DD otherwise I will be 'losing' my purse :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 11 July 2017 at 10:22AM
    quick post as don't want to be wasting the day online! Yippee tis my day off today (and tomorrow) :)

been to the lottie for 1/2 hour. hammered in a metal post to keep squash arch upright! Think I need to hammer in a couple more. harvested £16.09 of organic veg :j

need to do super crazy cleaning session. 1 hour max and aim to get downstairs and bathroom done ;)did 1.5 hours of tidying. why are we so untidy?! Will vacuum and clean bathroom later

Do a pantry/freezer inventory. Make meal plan and shopping list. Will go shopping tomorrow when mil has madam ;)Phew this is a big job!

take madam to the library to return books and get more

madam to ballet this afternoon

bake a courgette cake and make some fritters to use up glut. Will need to pick up cream cheese to make frosting while passing after ballet.

photo a few things to put on flea/facebay

oh has taken a load of stuff to drop to the tip in his lunch break. I might see if there's anything I can fit in my boot to drop there when I'm passing

[STRIKE]checked banking & paid an item off of cc. Text ds and gve him my bank details so he can pay back some money I lent him last week[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]see about changing bank details on paypal so I can withdraw money in there![/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]signed up for free amaz0n trial to get a free book. Must put it in my diary to cancel before 30 free days are up! [/STRIKE]

ok too much to do! Have a great day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all, another day, another dollar, I'd rather be in bed still though!

Yesterday I applied for a temporary job as a Marshall at a local station during the disruptions in August, makes perfect sense to me as I don't want to commute during the chaos and this way I can turn it to my advantage.

I have breakfast stuffs at work but will need to buy lunch. Dinner tonight is going to be anchovy and courgette spaghetti.

The changes are in full flow at work and the person that didn't give me the job is now out of a job themselves. I've no idea whether the other changes will be good or bad news for future bookings but I suspect bad, I'll just have to see what happens. I was 58 at the weekend and can't help thinking that by the 'old' rules I would be retiring in two years time instead of slogging on for another eight years.

I listed a couple of things on the bay of e last night rather than take the easier WBB route.

Must google a recipe for strawberry muffins, the wild ones are fruiting like mad!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,419
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 11 July 2017 at 6:26PM
    Evening all :)
    Proper rain here, at last :j My garden is looking very happy, and no watering for me tonight :T Hope it stops for tomorrow though, as little GD's pre-school has its sports day :)

Not much happening on the moneysaving front today, as I had to go to the dentist and hygienist :eek:
    Also bought some mushrooms for the macaroni cheese dish I wanted to make for tonight
    Dog walk this morning, before the dentist's
    All HM meals, and used stores / garden produce except for the mushrooms :)
    There is enough macaroni cheese left for another meal tomorrow, so minimal cooking will be needed :T
    Froze unused grated cheese (grated it because the rind was starting to go mouldy, and didn't use all of it). Also froze leftover mushrooms. No waste here! OH sliced too many tomatoes, so the extra slices are in a plastic box in the fridge for lunchtime sandwiches tomorrow :D
    Used some leftover cream out of the freezer to stir into the sauce to make it even more yummy :)
    Checked banks :eek:, had a spendy few weeks - moved some money
    Booked a camp site for a long weekend at the beginning of August, to coincide with my cousin's family party. That way, we won't have to drive 100 miles home afterwards and can have a walk on the beach :)
    Put OH's old bottle collection back on the newly cleaned high ledge in the conservatory - they do look nice up there now they are all clean :)

I ripped a nice dress yesterday somehow :mad: I am not really ladylike enough to wear dresses! So I need to work out the best way to mend it. It is a nasty 3 cornered tear in the top layer of 2 layers of fine fabric that seems to want to fray easily. May try iron on stuff (I can always iron it off if it doesn't work). Luckily it is not in a terribly noticeable place (near the hem at the side of the garment). I am sure I can do something with it, even if it means getting the sewing box out :eek: As it is I am faced with the ironing board :eek::eek:
    Dog is in the horns of a dilemma - he would really like to go for a walk, and is being a pest. However, as it is raining quite hard, there is no way he would actually go :rotfl:So he has had to make do with a quick scoot down the garden, which he wasn't happy about because a) it is raining, and b) it wasn't a proper walk. If it stops raining I will take him out.

FVD I actually did retire 3 years ago at 60, even though my state pension age is 65 (so still not got there yet). I was able to take my work pension, which was reduced by 25% due to may taking it 5 years early, but I had planned for it, and to me it was worth it. I supplemented it with earnings from a tiny business. Might you be able to do something similar? Or cut back to part time hours? Worth thinking about?
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Yay, rain here too!

Dawn, if only but I don't have a workplace pension as I've been freelance on and off for years. The small private pension I had I cashed in recently to pay off my loan so I'm afraid I will be working until the bitter end! I was planning on trying to just work part time earlier in the year but circumstances changed which kind of made that unfeasible.

Boo to the dress ripping, I love dresses with pockets and I am forever getting them caught on door handles.

I had a reply from the Marshall job and they have enough already so that's off the cards.

I went down for the YS run tonight and was chatting as I paid, got outside and realised I'd been charged way too much but have no receipt. I went back and there's nothing they can do without the manager so they said to photograph it and go in tomorrow. Hopefully it will be showing the amount in my bank account tomorrow so I can take a printout with me.

DS has his chef apprentice job interview tomorrow morning so please all send positive vibes!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all :hello: my ridiculously busy week continues so not enough sleep here. Hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel. My list for today:

Frugal rice for lunch for DH and I both to work, takes snacks and drink
    Washing out to dry outside today as there seems to be little chance or rain so I'll risk it.
    Quick tidy round before I go
    Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Cash out a survey
    Pad
    Update grocery spends sheet, no big shop yet this month and small list I wrote at weekend, still not been bought :o
    Something out of freezer for tea (ideally something that means I don't need to go to the shop :rotfl:)

Thinks that's all for now, enjoy your day. Purps.
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone :wave:

I'm on a one-woman mission to find something to take for lunch today... :think:

I need to sort YNAB and banking

Downloaded this month's free audio book from @mazon 'listen and read' or whatever it's called - Emma. Going to listen to that on the walk to work and see how it works out - might even help me stop thinking about my own problems! DNMS - might have forgotten about this free audio book option when you asked me.

Batch cooking tonight when OH is out - chilli or lasagne or something with lamb mince.

Free ebook

Cleaning round

Boring really! :p
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 July 2017 at 9:40AM
    Morning :) it is raining cats & dogs here! I was rather hoping it was going to stop during the night so I could get to the lottie! Looks like allotment dreams are over until the weekend....

kitchen is a mess as last night decided to make blackcurrant relish & jam to make good of the blackcurrants I was given :T thinking today I might make some courgette chutney ;)

madam has had said jam on toast this morning ;)

need to get madam ready to go to mil's this morning. I have a pre-entrance meeting at the school and will do some jobs/running around that are just easier without her

went through cc statement :eek: we have really overspent on the gc account this month - by nearly £100 :eek: need to speak to oh about this and reign it in! We put about £100 a month extra in the account so while we can *afford* it, it means so savings this month :(

on the plus side I'm on budget for petrol & under budget on personal spends :)

go through cc again later as figures aren't adding up

do a load of washing to hang on line when it clears up

bake courgette cake (didn't do yesterday) & make courgette fritters for dinner. Will have with lo couscous concoction made last night ;) might throw in some sausages for the meat eaters!

finish off flyladying

spending time with bff tonight

[STRIKE]speak to a friend re getting 10 peppers from her work place [/STRIKE](she works at a veg place so I can get 10 red peppers for £2 :money:)

photo and list a few things on face/flaebay

get ready for work tomorrow :(
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Good Morning all,

FatVonD Positive vibes for DS today, hope it goes well

Been up since 5 as my youngest has gone off to Australia today for a year. I don't think I got more than a couple of hours sleep so I will be tired later.
    We are busy working through all the jobs in the house and finishing the kitchen, fingers crossed the house will be up for sale by September.
    I have a list of things we need on my phone so will be keeping an eye out whilst I'm doing the rounds at the charity shops.
    Todays jobs
    -pull a couple of chicken breasts out of the freezer, I fancy something
    like sweet and sour chicken with rice so shall dig out a recipe.
    -need to strip DS bed and give his room a good clean. That is one room that is already done and ready for selling.
    -working hard on reducing the debt. Managed to get rid of another chunk, need to change my signature. Once we have sold the debt will be completely clear and I cannot wait.

Off to work, have a good day all x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • good luck to your ds FVD! x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing