PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 3rd July 2017

Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening everyone

Thank you Natty and Valli for the lists - much appreciated

Sending virtual hugs, a sprinkle of gws dust and some broomsticks. Help yourselves as needed.

Have to get well organised this fortnight as Wimbledon takes priority here. So it's up early (for me) and at it for the next fourteen days. I have lots of batch-baked meals in the freezer and so at least we won't go hungry :D

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson completed
    All rubbish out
    Recycling sorted and bagged ready for DH
    Kitchen WUDUPA

MAD this week will be an attack on the paper work in the top half of the floor to ceiling cupboard in the spare room - about thirty files :eek:

So today, whilst watching the tennis, I did three large files, only keeping necessary stuff - the rest going in a big heap for shredding. Also found all the docs for the car, and wrote the tax, mot and insurance renewals on the calendar for October.

Magnificent Monday ~Crabby kitchen!
    Wipe all appliances.. large and small
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Thoroughly clean the oven and hob
    Extras
    Scrub out the fridge.. incorporate those 'slightly wilting' things into your meal plan!

Tingling Tuesday ~ Living Room and Hall
    Wipe sofas
    Vacuum floors... or mop them.. whatever..
    Wipe over any paintwork/doors etc
    Vacuum under furniture you are able to move without injuring yourself
    Wash any soft furnishings
    Extras
    Wipe and water neglected plants
    Dust and deweb
    Binbag dance!

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Sounds like we've all had fairly busy days. This afternoon I found a tidy and virtually clean kitchen:
    Took dry washing upstairs
    Hung anything still damp outside to finish drying
    Put away washing up
    Had another attempt to clean the upholstery on a dining chair
    Tidied kitchen
    Wiped down all surfaces
    Scrubbed and cleaned the hob
    Wiped down the windowsill, removing several dead flies
    Cleaned and tidied fridge
    Hoovered and mopped floor

Then took DD to play/sensory centre (have got a fab one near us where all the money, apart from overhead costs, goes to charity) for a play date.

Pulled pork for dinner, though DD was a proper toddler and downright refused to touch it. Then dug in a load of seedlings/mini plants that were big enough to go in the ground.

Obviously don't know what your specific issues are Pigpen , but surely it must be worthwhile at least trying to get help through the gp. I've been having counselling for a while now, and though my sessions through this particular service are ending, they are referring me to another. Hope you get the support you need soon xx
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello

Didn't fly yesterday but did some self-decluttering, which some of you will have seen in Facebook. I have cracked the 3 stone barrier!
    Have MUCH more energy - stayed on my feet all Saturday morning at the Muddy Run. Last year I would have been desperate for a sit down.
    Spent yesterday afternoon with reception as we're having transition day. Just a few boys names to lock in.

Need to iron as have washed tonnes, and book MOT and service today.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Done zumba.
    Sent pay claim.
    Printed off previous scan and listed physio & GP treatment ready to take for today's ultrasound/injection just in case they haven't bothered to check any records.
    About to set up speech-to-text on computer in case I can't type for the next couple of days and I have a report to finish!
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Aww well done Valli :T excellent! I'm well jel as they say ;)

Been twice to docs for DD prescription but can't get parked anywhere :mad: so I've cleaned 2 bathrooms instead. LR doesn't really need it today, but bathrooms sure did! Mop is upstairs, I'm just charging the sweeper then I'll do the floors. Also want to strip my bed.

Hung some hooks in the hallway, just small ones - not for coats. I've popped a little hanging blackboard planner on one, looks quite nice. Might buy some chalk pens...

Just having lunch and a cuppa then I'll head back upstairs. Might even try the docs once more <rollseyes>
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Well done Valli X

Sounds like a lovely idea (chalky pens) Bossy X

Lots of BDs around, wish they would shoo off.

Ground floor stick cleaned

Parents' ground floor stick cleaned. A few cupboards sorted out. Some old photos found. Had to stop looking at them or I wouldn't have finished what I needed to do. Some furniture moved and vaccummed behind/under. A missing article found so Mum will be pleased. My car boot loaded for charity shop drop off.

Duvet cover washed and dried on line. Need to add that to charity shop bag tomorrow.

3x wm done and dried outside.

New bench washed again as local birds keep dropping large dollops on it.

Ds1's shirt ironed for another interview as he was short of time.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hello

RL is busy and in my way of being here.

Long drive is done
    Stuff is done
    House clean and fairly sorted
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Very tired Ducky rolling in, 2 late nights (my own fault) plus busy days =:o

Thanks to the lists (liking the order this week) I now have a lovely clean and tidy downstairs. Started the day with finishing off a thank you present for DD's signing teacher, made a scrabble tile word art picture for her, though I did have to restick some of the tiles this morning :doh:

Living roomwise I've:
    emptied the bin
    got rid of a dead plant
    dusted
    cleaned the windows of toddler handprints
    straighten the photo montage frames on the wall after DH dusted them last week
    had a good tidy up of DD's toys
    removed the sofa carcass cover and put that on a HOT wash with plenty of van!sh
    sorted through my basket of gibble and craft stuff
    hoovered floor

Really hoping that LW is alright, it's been a month since she last posted, and all other online forums she's on are quiet as well. Does anyone have any contact details for her, a RL name??
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't ducky, but was thinking the same today.

Night all x
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Late posting again today, I'm afraid. Just been manic.

Well done, Valli :T

Also concerned about LW.

I had a spare half hour in between getting home and turning around back out again, so I dusted LR and vaccuumed the LR and DR. Squeezed in dusting the DR before work. DH ran WM when he got in, as I was back out again at a school meeting. Dead flowers thrown out, so LR looks tidy, if bare. Bed stripped and remade, ready to run WM in the morning. I'm now going to have a cuppa and a piece of cake, just because I can!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure