12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had a nice couple of days off due to the weather.

I've cleared the office and today put the cot and chest if drawers together - with help from DS. He pushed the dowels into the right holes and passed me fixings etc.

Then we built a big castle from the IKEA boxes - with a drawbridge

Just a shame that OH still had to go to work!

DS has just turned 17 months - he's getting closer to properly talking all the time. Trying really hard to copy words.

Yesterday he learned how to say 'brother' :D
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    I want an Ikea cardboard castle with a drawbridge! I've had to work from home all week, very frustrating.

We're getting our nursery bits from Ikea too, going for the Sundvik range, is that what you've got Freddie?

Had my 25 week appointment today, I'm falling to pieces but baby is doing well which is the main thing. I'm going to trawl back through the forum to find the "25 weeks-whatever" thread and re-invigorate it for us. I think it's quite lost now so I'll be sure to put my mining helmet and head torch on.
  • FreddieFrugal
    edited 2 March 2018 at 6:48PM
    Options
    LavendarBee - the next thread after 24 weeks is the MSE Pregnancy thread.

Our first cot was Sundvik. It's good. EDIT - just checked we also got the Sundvik changing table and wardrobe.

I originally looked at the Stuva changing table and cot but I didn't like the look of them in person. The drawers have silly gaps for handles which let dust in - and it was really hard to reach the drawers underneath because the table was fixed. Rubbish design.

They've recently changed the range - they're all bigger size then when we bought ours.

They still had one of their older cots for sale when we went at reduced price. Was Gulliver I think - only £45. It's nice. Same as our older Sundvik but with bars at the head and foot instead of a solid board.

£45 was good for a cot bed!

They didn't have the smaller size mattress but I've ordered a well rated one from Argos for about £30

• LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Ah ha - that's why I couldn't see one! I'll go and wave :)

I noticed that Ikea had changed too, when I first looked a few months ago there was a lot more choice than there is now. I'm guessing that there will be a new range in the near future but not sure we'll wait for it, still undecided about when to order.

I like the concept behind the Stuva things, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist and it's all a bit modern and lime green for me :)
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I've booked my GTT for after easter :o joys of having family history of diabetes. Good luck to them getting blood.... Twice! - I am rather tight :rotfl:

I am hobberling good and proper at the moment, my hips and pelvis are crunchy :( waiting on a physio appointment but not hopeful they will be able to do much to help.

I did manage to pick up some bargains in the mother care sale yesterday - 85% of maternity jeans and bras so picked up all i could in our stores slim pickings. Did manage to find plenty for hitch hiker though :rotfl:

How is everyone?
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    OH has had an awful, stress filled week at work. Got through it though and got a good nights sleep last night.

Charity van came yesterday to collect a bookshelf and large roll top desk from the office.

We've had to do a lot of sorting through books as we had 4 large book cases in the office which need to reduce to one to fit downstairs. I took what must have been at least a hundred books to charity last week.

We're just keeping the children's ones.

The desk was huge and had a lot in it and on top of it so we've had to find new homes for everything.

We're getting there now though.

23 weeks tomorrow. Lots of nice big kicks. Apart from feeling tired, mainly because of stress this week interrupting her sleep. OH is feeling well.

• FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Had two more growth scan appointment letters through. Got them at 28, 31 and 34 weeks.

OH has pain just under her bump when she's walking - started in the last couple of days, she's in a lot of discomfort tonight.

Didn't have this in previous pregnancy. We've had a look online at Bump belts/bands.

It's probably not helping that we're just so much busier now than we were last time she doesn't have time in the day to exercise. She was doing a lot of yoga previously which will have helped.

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Had two more growth scan appointment letters through. Got them at 28, 31 and 34 weeks.

OH has pain just under her bump when she's walking - started in the last couple of days, she's in a lot of discomfort tonight.

Didn't have this in previous pregnancy. We've had a look online at Bump belts/bands.

It's probably not helping that we're just so much busier now than we were last time she doesn't have time in the day to exercise. She was doing a lot of yoga previously which will have helped.

Did you get to the bottom of the growth scans Freddie? that is a fair wack of scans to have......

The midwife can refer to physio for the pain, locally it is a information session with up to 8 other mums to be to discuss tips for easing the pain and some strengthening exercises to help. Things like moving with knees together so getting in the car bum first and twisting both legs at the same time, sleeping with pillows between the knees etc....

My Hip is more painful then my pelvis but then I am hypermobile and it seems to slide around and clunk at every oppurtunity :( Driving more then 10-15minutes at a time is really starting to hurt now and my insides feel like they will drop out if I walk much more than the school run or round the supermarket :o
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • babystart
    Options
    im in 19 week
    I want to buy baby milk and baby items for my baby. I'm investigating. What kind of brand is good, for example, for baby bottles or pacifier
    I realized that Relative to price and quality The rest is better others
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    Did you get to the bottom of the growth scans Freddie? that is a fair wack of scans to have......

She has a midwife appointment on Tuesday. First one since getting the scan letters so she can ask then.

Again I'm assuming that it's because DS was born quite small and/or OH was slightly low weight - although I think it was still within ideal range (just)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure