HSBC Valuation Booked but no offer?

Hi, I am re-mortgaging / porting my mortgage to HSBC. Applied online last week and had a telephone appointment on Sat. Decision was unable to be obtained as they wanted more documents including us to provide Credit Checks? I am still struggling to up load these but in the mean time on line it states Decision Obtained and today I have been called by the Valuation Team and this is booked in for Thursday?

Now HSBC pay for this valuation so I assumed this would not get booked until a decision had been made? Does this mean we will be getting a mortgage offer? I know I could call and find out but I don't want to rock the boat.

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Valuation is part of the mortgage process. You won't receive an offer until there's been one.
  • Okydoky25
    Okydoky25 Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you but does this mean that they have checked everything else and that's ok. Its just subject to valuation?
  • HSBC did my valuation last after they had assessed everything else about me financially.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Okydoky25 wrote: »
    Thank you but does this mean that they have checked everything else and that's ok. Its just subject to valuation?

I'm not sure how you expect people on the internet to be certain enough to answer that. Opinions yes, certainty no. Ask HSBC, they're the ones who are controlling everything.
  • Okydoky25
    Okydoky25 Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    bigisi wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you expect people on the internet to be certain enough to answer that. Opinions yes, certainty no. Ask HSBC, they're the ones who are controlling everything.

Thank you. Opinions were all I was looking for as is everyone who asks a question on forums like this I would think.
  • MUMSY
    MUMSY Posts: 6 Forumite
    I would like to ask the same question or at least a similar one. What exactly does decision obtained mean?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure