On Burying Treasure

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    AndyT678 wrote: »
    Is nobody else curious?

FA - from what are you fleeing? Don't say "winter is coming".
    I already asked (post #10) but he doesn't seem inclined to reply. Might give the game away, I guess. "I plan to murder Donald Trump during his visit to the UK", for example, would be a real giveaway (though there might be a queue for that).
  • AndyT678
    AndyT678 Posts: 757 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Biggles wrote: »
    I already asked (post #10) but he doesn't seem inclined to reply. Might give the game away, I guess. "I plan to murder Donald Trump during his visit to the UK", for example, would be a real giveaway (though there might be a queue for that).
    So you did. I missed that. Still only 2 after 800 views though!

Is FA a villain, a spy, Richard Kimble, a Walter Mitty type? Who else goes on the run???

FA - Always remember it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Biggles wrote: »

That's the last we'll hear from Biggles :wave:

:silenced: _pale_

:rotfl:
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 July 2017 at 1:18PM
    mollycat wrote: »
    Might be best to start getting a comprehensive set of disguises and false identities ready for your time on the run; wigs, hats, false moustaches etc, etc.

Remember, mon ami, it iz zee earz that are 'ardest to, 'ow you say, disguise.

Come to think of it, Abraham old fruit, could one consult with ancient refugees from Hitler - how did their parents bury their stuff? Or would some memoirs tell the story? But that would be from days before metal detectors.

UPDATE: I've got it! Just bury it where you've buried your revolver.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hide it away behind the wafers in your Tabernacle?
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    badger09 wrote: »
    That's the last we'll hear from Biggles
    Why do you think I was careful to put it in quotes?
    ;-)

Mind you, things are always being taken out of context on the internet, sooner or later it will be "Biggles said......" etc!
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Let's see. To try to avoid commercial use of the hiding spot (eg plowing) I suggest a public right of way footpath. That ensures easy access.

Burying it would be tricky with people wandering past, so I suggest the traditional night time dig. Preferably with a rising ground mist for effect.

Then you need to remember where it is. A landmark such as under a tree is often used but if left for any time those roots will grow and wrap themselves round it making retrieval a lengthy process. Not much good when you are on the run.

Instead I suggest an open patch of ground, buried deep. You will need to record the precise GPS coordinates, or better still a map of the area written on parchment with a large "X" marking the spot and the words "Treasure Map" unwisely written at the top in gothic script.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why not put it on the Cloud. That's where everything is going to end up eventually.
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Happily all this cheerful nonsense has suggested to me a fine place to bury stuff. Alas I can't tell you where, obs.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you only need to hide it for a bit you could post it to yourself?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure