PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have a lovely holiday monnagran xx

I may not post again for a few days, as poorly brother is coming to stay for a couple of days. He's only here for 2 full days iyswim, so it's been really difficult making sure he and the children/grandchildren get to see each other as all were already very busy this weekend and I've ended up with migraine :eek:
    Managed it in the end though by the children suggesting possible times.

Thinking of you Softstuff, hope you know where the gin is :) and I think you'd better have one for me too while you're at it!
  • Well - with that Full Moon talk and Halloween coming up - one that's going the rounds and makes me laugh. Could do with a laugh again - after a bit of a downer "You should conform" conversation yesterday.:cool:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/05/witches-dancing-german-reggae.html
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hello all Isn't it quiet without dear Monna ? I hope she's enjoying her break and her extremities haven't turned blue .
    Have a good if rather hectic weekend Ivyleaf ,
    Thoughts as always with Mar x
    Hester seems very quiet , I hope all is as good as can be for you both .
    I've had a lazy day today . Heavy , leaden skies and pouring rain didn't inspire much activity . I've really been looking forward to doing my impression of the hare gazing at the moon as my birth sign is ruled by the moon . Doubt I will even get a glimpse with the heavy cloud .
    Hope you are enjoying a break from the disruption SS .
    Take care all x
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Well you can tell I'm on hols as it hasn't stopped raining since I left work at 7am yesterday :(. Oh well at least I don't have to go back for 2 wks.
    Hope Monna and nursemaggie both have lovely breaks away.
    Hope everyone keeps warm and dry and has a good weekend xx
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all,
    Have given in tonight and ordered a takeaway, for kids /dh, absolutely frozen been face painting all day outside, sooooo cold , not home till about 30 mins ago ....will warm up before back out to the bar ....
    Hope all on holiday are having a good time
    X
    £223/ £250 GC
  • Morning all,

I spent yesterday working, trying to ensure I meet my deadline so today is over to chores and a bit of time sewing/relaxing if possible. OH is off on half term so is taking on most of the household stuff for a bit.

For once we've had lovely weather up here. I'm still getting washing mostly dry on the line, it just has to be brought in and finished off overnight for the corners and thick bits. Radiators are going on in the evenings now, but only once we're chilled.

Hugs to all who need them.x
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Brief drop in again, things here are... difficult.

The industrial grinder barely made a dint in the tile glue. A lot of dust but no action. So I've been chiselling it off with a hammer and chisel. I've also taken down a wall, removed a lot of architrave and generally worked myself senseless. Tomorrow more chiselling, the Tuesday the tiler is back.

So glad we only have 110m2 of floor..... :eek:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • SS Maybe you should ask GQ to send Nursie over again , she'll soon shift it ! whether you can then is shift her is another matter :D
    Have a good day all .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Has anybody watched the BBC series on life in the Victorian slums? I followed links on the BBC site and read a fascinating report on Vicotoran diet and life expectancy.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    SS Maybe you should ask GQ to send Nursie over again , she'll soon shift it ! whether you can then is shift her is another matter :D
    Have a good day all .
    polly x

Right now if I thought she'd do it, she could move in. Sadly Nursie is nobody's fool and if manual labour is involved she makes sure someone else is doing it.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport