PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Have you put the central heating on yet?

I couldn't find the old thread but if I missed it please move this one!

Two nights ago I had to have a hot water bottle but last night the whole house was so cold that we put the heating on, and it's still on now.

How about everyone else?

Comments

• freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    God no, it's still roasting here :eek:

We have the back doors open wide during the day and the bedroom window as wise as it will go at night.
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Not yet but I've added socks and cardigan as the day has gone on here because I'm so cold.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I wouldn't have done, but Marley has :mad:
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    I joked to Mr H this morning about it being cold enough for the heating to go on and he told me its only August.... wear a jumper :o will be off for a while yet!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Alan_Cross
    Alan_Cross Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Our heating system is simply set to a certain temperature throughout the year and it kicks in whenever the thermostat registers that the ambient has dropped below it.

Normally we don't get a whisper from the radiators during the summer months... but just lately they've been getting warm to the touch...
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Seriously, it's not been cold enough for me to need heat on and I doubt it will be any time soon. At the moment it's 21C in my living room and overnight I'm still using a fan!
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • I'm aiming to fire it up in November!
  • Actually, that's a lie! It'll probably get a test in September and October to ensure its working correctly. I have combi boiler so things should be OK...
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've been wearing thermal vests and jumpers for the past two days and turned on the heater in my office today. I do feel the cold and it doesn't help being stuck in front of a screen for most of the day.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Haven't had the heating on yet but have closed the skylight as it felt colder during the night with it open.
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure