PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 2017 mega index/christmas chat!!!! Yes, it's early I know :)

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Well you have really outdone yourself this year, zip! :D

I have found Christmas Day very disappointing in recent years. Perhaps caused by being a little too MSE.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I prepare boxes for Operation Christmas Child (aka Shoebox Appeal)...This year I hope to donate 4 boxes for girls aged about 9....I have completed the knitted items - a matching hat, bag and purse for each box....and bought a few little bits (toothpaste and tooth brushes...colouring pens...and some really lovely stickers from the pound shop!)

I am about half-way through a large embroidery project of an angel (on the wings and body are scenes from the Nativity)....I also make embroidered Christmas Cards and will make a start on them soon!

I have also started looking through my recipe books for inspiration for this year's Christmas Bread....I am thinking of an enriched bread with almonds and some spiced figs - and a honey glaze....I've done a similar one a few years ago and it was VERY well received! (I give bread as a gift to some people)

Disability means I always make an early start on Christmas ....especially as I knit/embroider and never know how long it will take me!...but also because I REALLY love Christmas!

I have just one minor niggle with thos thread........I am just going to HAVE to follow that link to making my own flavoured Vodka....and not for Christmas!!!!....summer....my birthday....Mum's birthday....Bonfore Night...St Nicholas' Day....errrrrm 'just because I love vodka' Day (every day of the year!!!)....I was given a bottle of salted caramel Vodka last Christmas which is just lush! (Not homemade though!)
  • bah humbug
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I try to plan big expenses as far in advance as I can so have already been thinking about the C word to such an extent that I have confused my mental clock and I now think it is Autumn.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Witless wrote: »
    TBH it is just a tad early!

Come back when you're ready :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Well you have really outdone yourself this year, zip! :D

I have found Christmas Day very disappointing in recent years. Perhaps caused by being a little too MSE.

Loving to see people it does make happy:j

We've had two terrible christmases with illness but i just love the sparkle . We don't give or receive gifts and it just means you can enjoy the nice feeling instead of present pressure. I will make little homemade things for people of course x no gifts !
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    Forumite
    Thank you zippychick! I'd no idea there were so many useful tips on the Christmas threads :)
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257
    Forumite
    edited 12 May 2017 at 6:52PM
    Just had an email from relatives today....it is just the right time of year to start your Rumtopf for Christmas time! (not my own personal favourite treat, but I was always fascinated by Opas!)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    bah humbug

I've read a few of your posts in here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2039611

But this post of yours is about the only one I've ever really totally understood :o:p and I wholeheartedly agree :T and second it :) ....
    :D

'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • karcher wrote: »
    I've read a few of your posts in here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2039611

But this post of yours is about the only one I've ever really totally understood :o:p and I wholeheartedly agree :T and second it :) ....
    :D.
    You're meant too wander, and amuse. There to liven up your day. And nonsenseness. Ok!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure