What have you had removed from EBay ?

1235»

Comments

• zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Not all of them, the only country blacklisting Cuba, is the USA, but EBay think we all have to obey US laws however stupid they are.

eBay is a US company therefore it wants to follow US laws in all countries where it operates.

If you want to it is very easy to get around the banned countries (for Cuba most sellers just write CARIBBEAN or HAVANA and for Iran they just write MIDDLE EAST and buyers know what to search for if they are interested).
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Old thread, but I found it mildly amusing that a 15 year old copy of lads mag Loaded got flagged as 'adult material' despite being listed twice before. Live chat just gave out useless scripted responses.
    I'm sure that a lot of it depends on whether it gets reported (by a busybody or a rival) or spotted by a bored eBay apparatchik.

Some years ago I used to buy and sell comics and magazines a bit (find good ones in markets and charity shops and eBay them) and was offered a stash of (ahem) gentlemen's literature of 1970s and 80s vintage. eBay was officially pulling them at the time but plenty of listings got through. However QXL (who remembers them?) were OK as long as you didn't show anything in the photos. I even made a few profitable deals by buying on eBay and then reselling on QXL.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • A couple of years ago I got in trouble with ebay over some items. We were clearing baby items as our youngest had gone up to nursery.

So among other items we had a large bundle of "Bambino Mio" terry nappies and outer wraps. I was banned under the "Used underwear / adult items" rules! I explained what they were to the customer service rep but they still seemed intent on branding me as some sort of pervert in the !!!!!! industry!

Ironically I'd bought them (new) from ebay in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure