Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • z.j.c
    • By z.j.c 18th May 17, 3:25 PM
    • 29Posts
    • 4Thanks
    z.j.c
    A Shade Greener
    • 18th May 17, 3:25 PM
    A Shade Greener 18th May 17 at 3:25 PM
    Hey

Currently in the process of buying a house which has A Shade Greener solar panels.

After some discussions with the solicitors I've been told they need to obtain a deed of variation for the lease.

Does anyone have any experience on if this is easy and how long it may take?

Solicitors have quoted 4 weeks! But we are already well behind were we wanted to be and I don't know if it's more hassle than it's worth.

Thanks
Page 2
    • Kinbobs
    • By Kinbobs 7th Aug 17, 10:53 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kinbobs
    we have just read the Deed of Variation for selling our house and it is completely different to the original lease. They charge you for taking the panels off and putting them back on. They don't insure the panels. Did you find the same
    • cjmillsnun
    • By cjmillsnun 8th Aug 17, 1:15 AM
    • 113 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    cjmillsnun
    I'm currently buying a house with rent a roof panels. Not by ASG, but Freetricity. They were no better until the vendor decided they would buy the panels out. They were very happy to help then.
    • Kinbobs
    • By Kinbobs 8th Aug 17, 7:21 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kinbobs
    Hi. Unfortunately there is not a buyout option. They have completely changed the agreement we had with them. Absolutely stuck at the moment.
    • z.j.c
    • By z.j.c 8th Aug 17, 9:24 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    z.j.c
    Hi Kinbobs

The deed of variation I received did not remove the insurance or charge for the removal of panels.

If they sent this out to me I would be informing them I did not agree with these conditions as it makes it unfair for customers with the panels.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

115Posts Today

2,295Users online

Martin's Twitter