Longest remortgage rate held Offers?

michaels
michaels Posts: 27,999 Forumite
Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 21 November 2017 at 3:18PM in Mortgages & endowments
I can not remortgage until Oct 18 but would like to get offers as far ahead of the actual date as possible. I have read that some companies let you apply up to 7 months ahead and hold the rate until the actual remortgage date but I don't seem to be able to find a list of mortgage companies and their maximum in advance application dates nor even find this info on companies websites.

Any suggestions? Thanks
I think....

Comments

• tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    When is October 198?
  • michaels
    tykesi wrote: »
    When is October 198?
    Thanks, corrected to Oct 18
    I think....
  • YHM
    YHM Posts: 650 Forumite
    Longest offers generally last for 6 months, with some of them being able to be extended beyond that for another couple of months.

Far to early to be considering reserving a rate for 11 months time though....
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
  • Well, it's not really too early to be thinking about it, you can make sure you have all the paperwork, keep all your payslips, make sure your bank account looks healthy with no dodgy transactions, check your credit report etc (in fact, I think there is an MSE guide on getting ready to remortgage). Then, in five months time, be ready to pounce! First Direct offer six months period. Good luck!
  • michaels
    clairebeth wrote: »
    Well, it's not really too early to be thinking about it, you can make sure you have all the paperwork, keep all your payslips, make sure your bank account looks healthy with no dodgy transactions, check your credit report etc (in fact, I think there is an MSE guide on getting ready to remortgage). Then, in five months time, be ready to pounce! First Direct offer six months period. Good luck!
    Exactly, given I do a lot of pension sal sac I may need 3 months of 'full income' at the point of application so need to make sure this is for the correct 3 months. I also suspect 5 year fix rates are on the rise so getting in as early as possible seems like a good plan.
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport