Help to buy ISA, investment in land?

Zinc20
Zinc20 Posts: 14 Forumite
edited 20 November 2017 at 8:52PM in ISAs & tax-free savings
I would like to open a help to buy ISA. However I have used the Moneybox investment ISA service in which your money in invested into various things, including companies like British land, and a global property shares fund. Would this cont as me investing in land (which is against the Life ISA rules)?

With moneybox its a stocks and shares ISA, so it can't be investment in land, right?

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 20 November 2017 at 10:52PM
    The full definition of a HTB FTBer is in the link below. If your investment did not have you down as sole or joint purchaser or you did not have the right to occupy you should be fine:

https://www.helptobuy.gov.uk/documents/2015/12/eligibility-of-ftbs.pdf

Most occupational pensions will have invested in companies that own land. With auto-enrollment that would cover just about everybody who is looking to buy property.

I am a bit confused about your mention of both HTB ISA and LISA, are you clear which product meets your needs?
  • Zinc20
    Zinc20 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Thanks for the reply. That makes sense.

A lifetime ISA is what I aim for. I didn't realise it was already out. I basically want to save money for a house. The lifetime ISA seems better because it gives up to 4k whereas the Help to buy gives only 3K. I really do hope to have a house by the time i'm 40!!!!
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Be careful saving for too long in the Cash Lifetime ISA because the low interest rate will errode the spending power.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure