UKMail iphone delivery???

So UKMail APPARENTLY delivered and got a signature for my iPhone 7 that had been repaired under warranty on October 24th. Even though there was nobody at home to sign for it!!!!
After an "extensive" pursuit and investigation Apple contacted me to today with there findings. They said the parcel was definitely delivered and signed for by me (which it wasn't), they had done everything they possible could and now I was on my own. They even suggested I should contact the police as someone could be lurking in my garden signing for parcels when i'm at work which I found bizarre.
Has anyone had a similar problem with either company or any ideas what I should do next?
thanks Darren

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 November 2017 at 3:55AM
    Ask for a copy of the signature.
    How far away is your work and can
    Someone prove you were there at the time of signing
  • No luck so far. UKMail say they will only share details with the sender and Apple keep telling me there's nothing else they can do!
  • hollydays
    Ask apple to send you a copy of the signature was what I meant.
    Yes, they CAN do this.
  • Been back on the phone to Apple. After telling me yesterday they've done all they can, they've now miraculously decided they can look further into it and will call back tomorrow.
  • Apple have again told me today there's nothing else they can do and that they won't be able to provide a copy of the signature until the middle of next week. I get the impression that they're just wanting me to give up and drop the matter.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    daz0405 wrote: »
    Apple have again told me today there's nothing else they can do and that they won't be able to provide a copy of the signature until the middle of next week. I get the impression that they're just wanting me to give up and drop the matter.

Or theres been a c0ck up and they dont want to admit it.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Apple have again told me today there's nothing else they can do and that they won't be able to provide a copy of the signature until the middle of next week. I get the impression that they're just wanting me to give up and drop the matter.

I presume UKmail were paid/contracted by apple and not yourself? If so, remind apple they cannot disclaim liability for their agents negligence.

If you paid/contracted with UKmail then you need to take it up with UKmai.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Yes they were contracted by Apple.
    I've quoted them this section of the consumer rights act both in writing and verbally on several occasions.

(2)The goods remain at the trader’s risk until they come into the physical possession of—
    (a)the consumer, or
    (b)a person identified by the consumer to take possession of the goods.
    Emphasising each time the part about traders risk and physical possession of the consumer each time.

Oddly when I pressed them for an actual person of authority at the enormous building they work in, they proudly stated it didn't have a postcode because it was so big but the whole building had no management structure. So there were no managers, directors etc at the building i could contact which seems very strange for a company like Apple.
  • hollydays
    Yes they were contracted by Apple.
    I've quoted them this section of the consumer rights act both in writing and verbally on several occasions.

(2)The goods remain at the trader’s risk until they come into the physical possession of—
    (a)the consumer, or
    (b)a person identified by the consumer to take possession of the goods.
    Emphasising each time the part about traders risk and physical possession of the consumer each time.

Oddly when I pressed them for an actual person of authority at the enormous building they work in, they proudly stated it didn't have a postcode because it was so big but the whole building had no management structure. So there were no managers, directors etc at the building i could contact which seems very strange for a company like Apple.
    You could ask for a manager to call you back.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 November 2017 at 8:14PM
    For all Apple knows, you have the phone and don't want to pay for it. Some people do commit fraud. On the balance of probabilities, they are saying you had the phone. The signature won't prove anything - I don't know anyone who actually uses their proper signature on a delivery driver pad. I don't!

Drivers are also GPS tracked right down to a couple of metres these days, so if the GPS links to your address that would suggest that the parcel was delivered.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure