Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 2 - Groundhog Day

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Glad to hear from you CCL, sorry that you got to breaking point with DH but it probably is needed, for your own peace of mind if nothing else.

Hope work gets better and that sleepio helps with your insomnia x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi ccl, hope you're able to get some decent sleep. Sometimes a break from online stuff can be helpful, especially when you're busy. Don't feel pressured to read diaries when you're busy, we'll all still be here when you get back!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,800 as of 04/24
  • Hey CCL. Hope you're doing ok - felling and sleeping better. You know where we all are to lend an ear.
  • Hi everyone :coffee:
    Still really busy. To be honest I'm trying to avoid getting on the laptop at home because I then seem to end up doing loads of school work - but I will get on at least once a week for an update.
    Another hectic week at work, with far too many absences and not enough staff to get everything done unfortunately. Out of a full team of 7 we were down to 2 at one point last week, and still no technician either. I just keep hoping the situation will improve at work but it never does for any length of time and that's so frustrating.
    I'm full of cold at the moment as well so not on top form, but I never seem to be at the moment. My Saturdays have turned into a day where I just stay in my pj's watching the telly. I don't know if this is a good thing or not but it's definitely something I feel I need to do at the moment.
    The sleep app is going well, although it's going through the 'getting worse before it gets better' stage. I'm basically not allowed to go to sleep before 1115 at night and I'm not allowed to stay in bed later than 615. This is apparently a short term thing to try and reset my sleep routine. I'm really yawny but as ever, hopeful that this will be the start of a new chapter for me.
    Zero progress on Christmas apart from it being another week closer, me still not feeling festive and nowhere near prepared for it.
    Ah well. :D
  • CCL - I'd be really interested just to see how things get on with the sleep app. What's it called?

Also, nothing wrong with a day of relaxing, particularly after an ever hectic week!
  • Hi all :wave:
    Grab a :coffee: and settle down as I've been awol for weeks! Just busy as ever. I'm doing ok - my mental health is up and down, and part of my sleep recovery on the app is not to be on my electronic devices after 9pm. I'm trying to stick with it because it's working ok for me. The app is called Sleepio Speky - it's quite expensive to buy but you can register to try it for free if you do some other research for them. I got my copy for free after about 3 weeks of trying an anti stress app. I still don't sleep for a long time, but I am now sleeping for between 5 and 6 hours solid every night, which has made a real difference to my mood. I keep trying to tell myself that I'm getting lots more done with less sleep and that I might just be one of those people that survive quite easily on 6 hours sleep. I go to bed at 11-15pm now, which means that I can spend a bit of time with dh in the evening, and I get up between 5 and 6am (usually naturally) and get an hour to myself either watching telly or doing crochet, or both - even on a school day. I didn't like some of the rules at first because it was a bit of a change. No work, or computer at all after 9pm, no telly in bed. Get up if I haven't gotten to sleep after 15 mins. Seemed really hard, but it's working so to my mind it's worth sticking with.
    Other things are just plodding on as usual. Still 3 weeks at work before we break up for Christmas, and I'm less organised this year than I can ever remember being at Christmas. I'm not finished my shopping, I've done no wrapping, and I'm still madly crocheting trying to get everything done before the big day. Work is hard, but my new boss is still pretty good. My Year 11 triple set finally seem to be getting the concept of chemistry, and I've had a couple of extra free hours given to me which makes the world of difference in terms of planning and marking. Just need a couple of weeks off now to recharge my batteries...
    I wish I could be on here more often. I know it's just a choice and I should make time for it - but once I get on here I start doing work stuff (which I'm about to now) so I need to try and strike some sort of balance. Then my life is so boring that I don't know what to type on here any more :rotfl:
    Christmas tree is up, but I haven't gotten or wrapped any presents just yet...:o
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning CCL

It's good to hear from you.

I'm glad your sleep problems have improved, regularly getting 5 to 6 hours of solid sleep a night was previously unheard off. Sounds like you are benefitting greatly, time for yourself in the morning, time with OH in the evening and feeling more positive about yourself.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Glad to see you back CCL, would you on the whole recommend the app? My OH has terrible sleep, he rarely gets a full nights sleep. He admittedly does have some terrible habits when it comes to getting to sleep but I am worried about him. I know he would never read a book on the subject, but an app might work for him.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Hey CCL

Glad to hear the app is beginning to work for you and thanks for sharing.

Sounds like you're doing really well with it. From my understanding, and personal experience, sleep plays a huge part as to how your day ahead goes. It effects your mental health, physical health, mood, eating habits - everything! Oh. Another thing which changed my sleeping (which you might already be doing) is not to drink anything after 9pm or so. That way you don't have to get up during the night for the toilet.

Hope the next 3 weeks fly by and it's not too painful.
  • Another fortnight gone without me getting on here. And I still have another week at school to get through as well. Things are plodding on - my Christmas crochet is all but finished and I've finished all of my Christmas shopping. Even got a bit of wrapping done yesterday afternoon when the boys watched Sunderland win at football for the first time in a year... Just need to get through the next 5 days of work and then I can relax. I seriously doubt I'll be on here before Friday but I am going to make it a priority to get on here lots more during the holidays. I miss you all too much.
    Got up to some terrible news this morning. One of my cousins, who I was very close to when growing up, has died suddenly. I'm absolutely devastated - we didn't see a lot of each other but when we did, it was always just as if we'd never been apart. It's a week before Christmas and he has a wife and three children about the same age as my own. I can't even begin to imagine what she and they must be going through. I've spent a lot of the day in tears and I now really just want to lie down and go to sleep. I've been round to see my mam this afternoon to make sure that she's ok (it's her sister's son), and everything is a bit up in the air at the moment. She says she's going to go to stay with her sister from tomorrow and may not be home by Christmas. It's honestly such a shock, and nobody really knows what to say or do. You don't expect someone in their 40's to just die. At the moment I can't get my head round it - I don't want to do anything. Just sit.
    Anyway. I'm off to catch up and see how things are everywhere else.
    Flo - I would definitely recommend the app. It has really helped me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure